23/24 MD37 - Sevilla FC at Athletic Club

Ease of execution there Bilbao creating a one on one like that. Beautiful and we saw it happen.

1 Like

And Nyland stopped it.

1 Like

St Mames stands to applaud Jesus Navas substitution

3 Likes

Bad definition from Inaki but honestly Nyland is one of the surprises of the year in terms of expectations vs actual contribution and performances. Who else?

Isaac Romero his entrance in the team probably at one, no expectations at all and huge contribution.

Lukebakio had a few magical moments.

And Soumare and Agoume been solid and Ramos turned a shaky start into a decent run with quite a big impact.

Pedrosa had a good start but fell out of it a bit.

3 Likes

Great repect to Navas by the Athletic fans. Plenty of chants against the board by sevilla fans.

5 Likes

Think weā€™re already on the beach.

Iā€™m ready for this season to finish now.

4 Likes

Double back heel, beautiful combination! Pedrosa shoots it too wide.

2 Likes

Nico Williams god damn. beautiful.

2 Likes

AgoumƩ did everything right but his header hit a surprised goalkeeper and the goalie stopped it without knowing what he done !!!

2 Likes

Itā€™s pissing it down on the beach, come on Sevilla :grin:

2 Likes

Bilbao Goalie kept enough out too.

1 Like

Veliz getting 10 seconds of play today.

4 Likes

Had the game on in the background at work, so only got to watch in some parts.

On Bilbaoā€™s 2nd goal, i have no idea what Bade was doing giving up the angle for that cross. No lie, it hurt receiving the 1-2 punch treatment we used to give to teams at the RSP.

I like how we started the 2nd half, especially that move b/w Juanlu, Ocampos & Agoume, that led to Pedrosaā€™s shot going wide. Heā€™s a better finisher than that, so it was disappointing it wasnā€™t on target. Also, Juanluā€™s ability to dribble inside to attack defenders is something i always enjoy seeing from him. I wish he had gotten more minutes under QSF, but team consistency was likely a top priority for things to function well.

I couldnā€™t really assess Manu Buenoā€™s game, but he always looks like he belongs, and i def want to see more of him. What does everyone else think?

1 Like

Totally great apart from the finish as you say, but are we clutching at straws ? Sevilla should have a lot more connection than just the odd moment in 90 minutes.

I havenā€™t seen enough of Manu Bueno to form an opinion.

1 Like

Oh absolutelyā€¦ these mfs checked out a few games ago!

1 Like

Bueno fue asi asi no bueno.

He wasnā€™t terrible to be honest. He and Agoume did as well as they could in a 2 man midfield. Each went forward some, passed back some, but over all got ran over by a better midfield.

Iā€™ve seen Manu with SAT and heā€™s got a little Lopetegui in him where he liked to pass backward instead of progressive passing.

1 Like