23/24 MD14 - Sevilla vs Villarreal

Only two subs used? No balls from Alonso here.

1 Like

I donā€™t understand not bringing on Torres earlier or even Januzaj.

Fucking hell

1 Like

FFSā€¦ugh

1 Like

Salas sucks in defense

1 Like

Thatā€™s not enough imo. Salas was weak.

1 Like

Brereton ran past Salas like a child was defending him

2 Likes

Saved by VARā€¦

4 Likes

Saved by VAR. 1-1!

2 Likes

A bit lucky there but at least we get a point.

3 Likes

Ridiculous decision by the ref.

4 Likes

Feels shameful but Iā€™ll take it

1 Like

It seemed harsh in my view too. I think sales was a bit weak.

1 Like

The second half has kind of swayed my decision on Alonso. To take off Nianzou who was excellent was weird unless he was injured. No attacking changes made at all even after the tying goal except for the must change with Oliver for Fernando.

3 Likes

I know he got us the goal, but Salas getting minutes over Gattoni is still crazy to me. I hope Alonso continues with the back-3 setup from the 2nd half. Preferably without Fernando going next time, as weā€™ve already seen in the past what can happen. It helps go back to basics defensively in covering the right gaps.

Going forward, we lacked that final ball badly. Nothing new, but at least we kept knocking on the door. I feel itā€™ll improve if we keep putting in performances like this, as we were pretty decent today. (aslongassusocomesbackweshouldbefine)

4 Likes

Diego DrawAlonso strikes again!

Overall just not enough quality. We had our moments but just lack that cutting edge and final ball. We looked susceptible at the back again too.

On the positive side I was impressed with Juanlu and pedrosa today. It shows we need more youth as I liked both guys pace, energy and crossing on each side. We crying out for more of that.

Itā€™s a point but it just feels like the club is in limbo right now. We in a state of purgatory until the boardroom situation is sorted.

We move on.

6 Likes

I never liked Gattoni whenever he playedā€¦ poor footballing IQ, bad positioning, uncoordinated, untimed tackles etc. Salas is at least is home-grown and with full potential, much more stable than Gattoni.

1 Like

I donā€™t think weā€™ve seen enough Gattoni to even make an assessment.

2 Likes

Agreed. ShendMā€™s assessment could have been a carbon copy for Koundeā€™s first few minutes.

2 Likes

Really is so frustrating watching us. In the end we just about get a point after that soft VAR decision. We probably deserved it and a draw is obviously better than a defeat but we really need more in our situation.

The usual story of lacking a cutting edge in attack. Effort was there but just very little quality. Weā€™ve drawn half our league games which says it all really. Convert just a few of them into wins and weā€™d be looking better now. Defensively we are also shaky and we are incapable of holding leads. The goal conceded was similar to one against PSV in midweek.

One positive was Juanlu and Pedrosa. We definitely need more younger players and energy in our ageing team. Not much more to take though. A few winnable looking league games on paper coming up and we desperately need to find some wins from somewhere.

5 Likes