23/24 MD14 Sevilla at Real Sociedad

how many managerial changes can we make in a season?

if we crash out of the ucl i see diego alonso getting fired

disasterclass letting go of mendilibar so early

3 Likes

This is the real issue. We can keep firing coaches, but in the end, coaches can only field old players and there is only so much they can do. It is time for a revamp of the roster.

4 Likes

If we lose to psv in midweek that might be it for the manager, board and a lot of players futures. A new board could come in as early as December or early 2024. The pressure is mounting.

2 Likes

while I agree weā€™ve needed this for a long time, mendilibar won us a trophy and improved our position on the table with almost this same squad. we cant absolve alonso of any credit to our performance especially with the way heā€™s playing

2 Likes

I agree the whole club needs big changes from top to bottom. Itā€™s the only way we can stop that mess and the maylaise here.

1 Like

even with our rough performance last season things were looking up, but what can you do i guess.

didnt mendilibar win a game 5 1 this season or was that last season

2 Likes

not to mention he made some not so bad signings with our budget.

pedrosa and dodi have been great

2 Likes

He was treated appalling considering what he did last season for us.

We had a couple of decent signings and we had a 5-1 win with him. That looks even far away to get one of those.

3 Likes

Iā€™m out of words. Just nothing in this squad or club currently to keep the hope alive.

This club can return to top but only with big changes. We like a sleeping giant again at minute.

Credit to La Real they took the piss out of us at times. Impressive performances on the ball from them and well taken goals.

2 Likes

Midfield lacks pace and creativity, especially pace. In modern football thatā€™s fatal.

Also one of the worst things as many expected here is that we havenā€™t replaced Bono with a high caliber goalkeeper. Dmitrovic and Nyland are average goalkeepers, not enough to help the team when most needed like Bono.

Sociedad is making us look like a Tercera team. What a shameā€¦

3 Likes

its hard to be positive about the state of our club, but all we can do is hope changes will come soon. credit to real sociedad bc they look really good in the league and ucl as well but we need some changes soon

2 Likes

We donā€™t know to to play possession nor counter attack (since 20/21, when Banega left).
And we canā€™t defense since start of last season to save Alonso ass.
If no major meaningful reinforcement, Iā€™d say weā€™ll have the worst season since 2000/01, at 13ā€“17 place.

4 Likes

i just hope we dont relegate, god forbid

1 Like

Only this guy can save us! The snake! Lol

1 Like

Why canā€™t Alonso see that lumping the ball up to Yen or Dodi when they have 2 defenders on them does not work?
It is also a worry that we have gone back to pissing about in front of our goal again.
The faces of Castro, Nido jr and Alonso all looked like they know their days are numbered.

3 Likes

The game is going well then? :sweat_smile: Shouldnā€™t laugh, but we are so shit itā€™s hard not to.

The amount of times the camera is on Castro & jnr makes me think that someone knows something we donā€™t.
I have no idea what the commentators are saying as Iā€™m watching on a Bulgarian sat channel.
Anyone any the wiser?

3 Likes

Uruguay fans criticize Alonsoā€™s only tactic is lumping the ball to Cavani/Suarez/Nunez when they have Valverde Bentancur in the midfield and eventually finish 3rd in World cup group stage.
Looks like valid criticism.

2 Likes

mostly everyone knows about whats going on behind the scenes at sevilla. the camera operators know theyll get some good reactions out of castro and alonso so they pan to them.

1 Like

thats one back

2 Likes