2019 Summer Transfer Rumors

This is great news! That’s 8 signings now and all talented players! Love monchi, he has revived this club again and breathed new life into it. It should be an exciting season ahead!

1 Like

It really is great work, but I feel a bit uneasy about the prospect of Banega and Mudo continuing.

4 Likes

Yeah I agree, it’s probably the only area we still need to address. As I agree, they don’t work to well together and it’s time for a change. I don’t think we finished yet though, it has been some transfer window! We can get top 4 again, with how well we did in this window! Viva Monchi! Hopefully Lopetegui can do a good job for us too!

We still have basically zero wide attacking players, which is weird.

Assuming Vidal and Nolito will be moving on, we have Ocampos, Bryan, and Munir. It makes me think we will see a lot more 3 back with 2 wingbacks this season.

We do still have 7 CBs on our books, but Lopetegui is strictly a 4-3-3 coach. I’m sure we’ll see some wingers signed soon enough.

1st friendly tomorrow. :relaxed:

Ianis Hagi has joined Genk of Belgium for 8M euros, I thought we had him in the bag but with Genk he actually has a chance of playing in Champions League though chances are he’ll end up in the Europa last 32 anyway. Hopefully this doesn’t go down as one of the “we should have got him” transfers though to be fair he played for Viitorul Constanta which was owned by Ianis’s father the Romanian legend Gheorghe Hagi so he was obviously the centerpiece of anything and everything in the club. Also, I pray that Monchi didn’t pass on Hagi for Renato Sanches, I want nothing to do with him.

Our rivals are also making moves, Betis are close to Borja Iglesias and Valencia are close to Maxi Gomez, I’m not saying De Jong is a bad signing but I would rather have those two.

On the concept of formations, I think Lupe may try a 3-4-3 to start the season, or maybe the 7 CB problem would be solved by a firesale. We have 7-8 players who could or need to leave.

1 Like

I’d also favor Borja or Maxi before Luuk, but time will tell and hopefully he’ll prove to be a worthwhile signing that brings goals.

Not sure what’s the situation with WBY, but we might just be in the market for another striker (target man that is) so let’s see what happens.

I also don’t want Renato Sanchez, too much hype without anything concrete. Also true for Hagi, not sure where you’re from @keepingitrealistic but around here in the Balkans (Romania may not be geographically but the mentality is the same more or less) the clubs can spoil players if one has the connections and you may wonder how it can go in those situations. Could be a bullet dodged.

Part of me thinks that they used the old market trick of using Sevilla’s name just to get other clubs interested. Hagi wanted to sign for a team where he’d play regularly, and he would have been on the bench here anyway. I still wish he chose to come to La Liga and play for a lower table team. The Belgian league is coming along though, as more and more players are getting picked from there. Time will tell.

And @ShendM i did see that we might get another CF if Wissam were to leave. I’m kind of baffled by that, as Ocampos could fill in there so there would be an overbooking. Hope it ain’t true cause I don’t want another Immobile or Aspas situation.

1 Like

Numerous clubs were interested in Hagi but in the end he went to Genk, if he is good it’ll show and clubs would be lining up to take him. Also he plays best as a No.10, that is a luxury in today’s game so it’s best to keep an eye on him. Ganso was a pure No.10 and we couldn’t accommodate him at all.

Also regarding the situation on clubs spoiling players, I’m from Asia so we get to see these things first hand in the Chinese Super League. They would pay foreign stars ridiculous fees as well as other support amenities. They would do the same for local players if they were any good but they aren’t so they can only throw cash in an attempt to lure foreign players.

Regarding target men, I’m not sure they have a place in the La Liga as part of a front three, we were lucky to not go for Kalinic who can’t get off the bench at Atletico, Bas Dost was a wildcard and Silva was semi-serviceable. The main idea is to avoid a Llorente 2.0 if possible.

4 Likes

You’re from Asia, I didn’t know, we are more or less World-Wide.:+1::+1::+1:

3 Likes

It is true!

3 Likes

Oliver Torres? Haven’t heard that name in a while.

If Oliver Torres comes, does that mean that one of Mudo or Banega leaves?

I see this as Mudo’s replacement, but who knows… I wouldn’t think we’d have Jordán as our only B2B midfielder.

Sounds like Lupetegui request.
It means no Luis Alberto.

Midfielder Óliver Torres is already in Seville. The player from Extremadura has just arrived in the city of Seville after making a stop in Lisbon and this Monday he will pass the medical examination before signing his contract with the Nervionian club and leave with the rest of his teammates to the United States.

2 Likes

Sweet - I’ll try to say hi. haha

Oliver Torres was a child prodigy that didn’t quite made the grade, but he’s close and it won’t take much of a push with some tender love and care to put him back in the top bracket. After all, if he can hold a regular first team position in Oporto he can’t be bad.

3 Likes

I read about this guy. He’s got potential and he impressed at Porto and Atletico Madrid. We are really making some serious signings and that’s our 9th. Plus from the look of them they all seem good additions. It’s exciting times, hopefully we start the season well and we can get back in top 4!

Monchi is just a superman! Long live the king! We may still not be done yet!