Vacations!

Ian (rarely posts anymore :frowning:) is currently in Sevilla and went to the game today. That got me thinking about vacations. Do you have any vacations planned? If so, where are you going? Also, what is your favorite vacation and why?

Nice topic Chris. I usually spend my winter vacations around the region (Balkans). Bulgaria has some nice skiing centers and is a very convenient place for holidays of this season.

My favorite remains the summer ones though. Croatia, Montenegro and Greece are my favorite seaside countries, with Albania as a honorable mention. The Mediterranean climate makes it all worthier and the goof is also great.

Would love to visit Sevilla in the near future and spend some quality days there, hopefully sometime next year (summer-autumn). Also would be nice to meet someone from the forum in the city.

We are looking at Sevilla in April 2018 for the Feria. I’ve never been to the Feria.

1 Like

Going to Malaga and Sevilla in May 2018 for few days! Will see sevilla playing Real Soceidad at home. Looking forward to that. Also, going to Lanzarote in June 2018 for 10 days!

Great places and should be fun.

1 Like

Try to get a hook up because the casetas are privately owned except for some public ones which aren’t as fun…but in any case it’s still a blast to see the whole spectacle of feria

Hs to be seen to be believed, but prices are high for flights and accomodation

Enjoy buddy. Lanzarote looks really nice. I could use some warm R&R after visiting Minnesota for the first time this week.

1 Like

Favourite place is Sevilla of course! But many places worldwide are amazing.

Off to Papua New Guinea in a week and a half.

Next August back to europe and will be in Croatia, Bosnia, Montenegro, Italy and lastly Morocco for a few nights.

1 Like

That’s a hell of a trip.

We go away for Christmas and New Year to make use of the gap without football. Last year we went to Cuba, landed in Santiago de Cuba and toured up to Havana, 2600 km in 17 days. The year before we went to South America from Tierra del Fuega, Punta Arenas, Perrito Moreno glacier park up to San Pedro de Atacama in the North of Chile, took 24 days to complete though.

1 Like

Thought I’d dig this one up as it’s getting closer to our Paris, Croatia, Bosnia, Montenegro, Calabria, Morrocco trip! 2 more months!

And since it’s summer for you northern hemisphere people… anyone got any trips planned?

1 Like

Sounds like a lovely trip Darren. I’d throw Albania in the mix any day, you won’t regret it!

1 Like

Wanted to fit Albania in… looks amazing and very intetesting but unfortunately didn’t have the time… this time! Always next time!

Been to Croatia once before but never with my wife so she is looking forward to it. Never been to Bosnia or Montenegro so really looking forward to that part of the trip!

If you have more time for Croatia and want to spend an amazing time there, I’d recommend Korcula and at least a day trip to Mljet from there with transport boats. Any part of the coastline is nice anyway. Same goes for Montenegro, but Budva and Kotor are my favorites. I have been all around the region as it’s not too far from my hometown. Calabria and Morocco also sound quite nice (never been there).

Paris is too mainstream, although it’s surprising that I see a lot of people from my country take pics of the Eiffel tower and many tourist areas there, but I haven’t actually seen anyone take a cruise trip around the Seine with Bateaux Mouches (130 euros per person for the dinner menu, but worth every penny - unforgettable experience for me).

Yes, i went to Mljet and Korcula last time and both are amazing places. Will be staying on Brac this time as i have good memories from there also. Also staying in Rastoke which I have never been but looks amazing… like a fairytale and a few more coastal towns… definitely staying in Kotor and I can’t wait to see it… will also have time to head over to Budva from there for a day.

Going to Paris for the wife. I went 8 years ago and not that worried about going back… but it is one of those places… everyone wants to go to once… even just for the Eiffel tower. We have booked ask dinner cruise down the seine however so am looking forward to it.

1 Like

ShendM… during your time in Montenegro have you ever travelled up the serpentine road from Kotor and onto Lovcen? Also have you been to Lake Skadar? Wondering if these are worth a visit?

I haven’t been up that road as of yet, but I’ve been to Lake Skadar (Shkoder) many times, it’s very near the border with Albania and quite beautiful. I always go that route when I visit Montenegro and my first stop is Ulcinj as I have a villa there. So those parts are definitely worth a visit.

1 Like

Thanks for that ShendM definitely thinking we will have a look around and maybe stay a night on the lake.

1 Like