UEL Matchday 4: Sevilla at Dudelange [2019-20]

START TIME
Thursday, November 7th, 2019
1255 EST / 1755 CET / 0355 AEST

It is derby week in Seville, but the boys from Nervión must first handle business abroad in the Europa League. It’s an earlier kickoff time, but also and early chance to seal qualification for the next round. We can also clinch 1st spot in the group if Qarabag fails to win away at APOEL.

A few canteranos were included for the trip to Luxembourg. José María Amo has come in to cover the shortage at CB, as Pepe Mena reappears to bolster the midfield options. Not listed in the above image is Adrián, a Sevilla C goalkeeper, who joins in to compete with Vaclík & Bono.

LUXURY
We are quite fortunate to have these extra matches to give minutes to fringe players. A win today can essentially give us two “friendlies” to experiment and rotate the squad. It is also a chance for one of our strikers to hit form, as the starting role is still up for grabs. Away days are always tricky, so we’ll see how quick the players will settle into the match.

¡Vamos mi Sevilla!
#MeLateTuEscudo

Post-Match Commentary: DUD 2-5 SEV

1 Like

Ultra offensive XI.

4-4-2?

With one true CB! Weird lineup. I mean they set back last time, but they did manage to get a counter and could have had some shots on goal.

And why bring the canteranos if they aren’t even going to make the bench?

It’s probably a coaching thing. They reward the player for good work, while still demanding more from them. Like bringing on a sub with 3 minutes left.

Tuning in as well! has to be a decisive victory this evening, and with this line up I expect nothing else. Some greedyness for those goals I wanna see. Against a team where the league used to consist of half semi profs. I expect nothing less than 4-0.

Also went to the Valencia - Sevilla game, last week. Nice to see them live in action, since 1 year ago. Result not the best, but was fun being the one Sevillista jumping out of his chair when Ocampos silenced the whole Mestalla. :wink:

3 Likes

Nice photo!

1 Like

I won’t catch this game live, but will watch it delayed 1 hour.

1 Like

Love to see Dabbur grab a couple of goals tonight.

Oh dear this pitch looks like a farmers field.

yeah let’s hope no one gets hurt on that horrible pitch

Playing like shit right now

Lopes finds himself wide open in front of goal. Fails to look up to see where the goal is, kicks it wide right and then looks at the turf for something to blame.

Dubbar on the board, the flag stays down. Great work from Nolito and Lopes to find Dabbur wide open on the back post.

Alrighty then Good 1-0. Dudelange actually playing some decent combinations with their striker dropping out of the centre, some technical players. First big chance for them as well. Ronny Lopes missing a big chance however, recuperating himself with the assist on Munas Dabbur who almost breaks the net with his 2 meter distance cracker.

1 Like

Munir makes it 2-0 with a shot from 2 foot out

I have just found out that this is being played at the national stadium!! Due to the Dudelange stadium only having a capacity of 2,500.

Good runs, Great throughball and again nice lay off with Munir working it inside the goal this time.

Great start for us and great to see Dabbur off the mark! Good for Munir to get on scoresheet too. Vamos!

As I speak it’s 3! Nice!

3-0 Munir with a direct free kick

And Nolito makes it 4 edit it was Dabbur

Quality difference shining through. But damn… The goalkeeper can stretch an arm or two. Second for Munir 3-0.