UEL Matchday 1: Sevilla at Qarabag [2019-20]

Jordan has been the main fulcrum of our attacks down the middle and spraying it out wide, he tries hard but the others are lacking as of now, Munir has a shot on target but has otherwise been quiet and Torres has all but disappeared for the last 10 minutes or so.

Oliver doesn’t impress me much, most of the team functioning well but not positionally, seems too crowded in the penalty area and would benefit from being more spaced apart. Chicharito is trying too hard, good for the team but not for him or the result.

I cannot read this article as my Spanish is too limited, but allegedly it explains why Lopetegui doesn’t pick Dabbur?! :thinking:

The referee doesn’t even want to watch a second more of a drab first half and blows the whistle on the dot. Hopefully the second half brings changes.

He’s saying that there are players that don’t get in the team that deserve to be in the team, and although it seems unjust, it’s a question of tactics and the right moment.

2 Likes

A lack of Reguilón has us relying on Pozo as our main threat. And he has put in some very nice crosses. Mudo finding himself in a nice pocket of space from Pozo’s wide right position. Most of our attacking coming from there.

A goal will come, but there needs to be more involvement from Munir. Overall we’re doing fine. The buildup kinda went stale midway thru that 1st half, but we ended well.

Unleash Dabbur!!

3 Likes

Lopetegui being patient. I can appreciate this as long as the results keep coming.

1 Like

Dabbur and Rony Lopes in the second half, let’s see what they’ve really got FFS!

1 Like

Rony might be a good option if the game breaks open, like what Gameiro used to take advantage of.

Pozo has impressed me so far, maybe we have a ready made replacement for Navas when the time comes

6 Likes

Ta for the run down.

No changes at HT

Just had a look for you on one of my satellite tv sites. It says the game is on the BT sports app, virgin media sport extra or Virgin media tv app. Can you get any of those?

Dudelange winning 0-2 in the other game
Edit
now 1-2
now 2-2
Apoel on a roll now 3 goals in 4 minutes 3-2
Dudelange hit back now 3-3
Dudelange make it 3-4

Viva Mexico Chicha free kick makes it 0-1

VAMOOOOOOOS!!!

1 Like

GOL!!! :raised_hands:

1 Like

Munir 0-2

Good work by Pozo again

This will be a great start to our Europa campaign! Things going well at moment! Nice to see Chicharito off the mark straight away too!