UEL M6: APOEL v Sevilla [2019-20]

I would have liked to see Lara on. He was good in the summer.

1 Like

Ocampos - Dabbur - Lopes

My predicted front 3 for this season. Let’s see how this pans out for the 20 minutes we got here.

What a back-heal pass from Escudero!

1 Like

Rony is very lively atm. Guess a kick up the backside is what we needed.

This is terrible. We look like amateurs.

So many crosses to no one.

Ocampos working on a second yellow any moment.

Mena with the chance there. Heads it wide. :frowning:

Result is of irrelevance tonight. It’s more about giving the A team a rest and giving others an opportunity.

It shows that we still need to make sure we keep our first team fit as a few tonight are a bit short of the level we need.

However, it’s not easy coming into a side, where you don’t play regularly with a set of players who aren’t used to playing together.

It’s a good experience for them but this was always just a gloried friendly really.

Back to business against Villarreal next! Vamos!

1 Like

Mena just didn’t have the trust of his teammates to get the ball passed to him. Did make some good runs to get on the end of 2 crosses that he didn’t manage to get on target.

Rony Lopes was very active in the last 15 minutes. Finally showed flashes of his explosive pace. Could be a good option off the bench on the weekend.

Dabbur didn’t really seem in the game after getting his pen saved. As a #9, i could understand him wanting to take it, but if Gudelj was designated, orders are orders. Hope he gets over that quick, cause the CF position BEEN up for grabs.

Didn’t really care much for the result, just glad we at least got to show some urgency. Don’t know what it takes for us to actually start games this way, but prolly the kind of thing only big teams do?

What is noticeable is that we lack creativity in midfield. Óliver is good, but for some reason he doesn’t start off games well, unless he’s an extra playmaker on the left or coming off the bench. Jordan hasn’t gotten used to the system yet, and for the meantime is only effective from a defensive standpoint.

That only leaves us with Banega & Vázquez. That’s the very tandem we’ve tried to avoid, but with the way Mudo’s been playing lately, maybe he’s worth the start on Sunday.

2 Likes

Sorry guys. I ended up logged out of my account and couldn’t get back in. :joy: Finally managed to get back in thankfully. :pray:t2::pray:t2::pray:t2: Was a horrible evening yesterday not being able to post!

Thanks to @ChrisLail for trying to help. Got there in the end. :grin:

Bit of an issue with the email service we use. Hopefully that’s all been cleaned up.