UEL M5: Sevilla v Qarabag [2019-20]

START TIME
Thursday, November 28th, 2019
1500 EST / 2100 CET / 0700 AEST

With 1st place in the group clinched since our last outing, these remaining matches have simply become exhibitions to test out the squad. 2nd place is still to play for between the other 3 teams, so we’ll be welcoming a motivated Qarabag to the RSP.

Carriço returns to a squad list for the first time since matchday 8 at Barcelona. Ocampos makes his first EL squad due to his 3-match league suspension. Lopetegui also calls up 2 canteranos in Pepe Mena & Felipe Chacartegui.

Projected XI: Bono; Pozo, Kounde, Gómez, Escudero; Gudelj, Óliver, Vázquez; Lopes, Dabbur, Munir.

TARGET PRACTICE
It’s not a secret that Lope’s preferred front-3 has been misfiring, namely Nolito & De Jong. Now with Ocampos’ impending 3-match ban, he must find a suitable candidate for the forward line. With Munir being this competition’s current top scorer with 5 goals, he must be seeing a chance for him to nab that starting role.

¡Vamos mi Sevilla!
#MeLateTuEscudo

Post-Match Commentary: SEV 2-0 QRB

1 Like

Nice to see a few young guns called up tonight. 1 or 2 may see some game time, who know? It’s a big opportunity for the rest of the squad to once again show what they can do. Especially in the forward positions as they know a big chance has presented itself with Ocampos 3 match ban.

Even though it’s not a vital game to win, Sevilla’s mentality is always to put on a performance for the fans and keep the winning run going. Hoping for a big performance from the lads tonight. Vamos!

Chacartegui has been drafted in I guess because Reguilon isn’t involved. Have we just rested a few first teamers or are they suffering with knocks?

2 Likes

4-4-2? I’m happy as long as Dabbur sees game time. Can do a lot with the versatility of Munas and Munir.

1 Like

Sergi Gomez getting a rare run out too. :sweat_smile:

Would be nice to see Dabbur and Chicharito stick a few away tonight, get some confidence up.

1 Like

Google showing it as 4-2-3-1.

1 Like

It’s indeed 4-2-3-1. Dabbur on the left, Munir right, and Rony central.

Struggling to create chances. Dabbur on the left of a 4-2-3-1 wasn’t working, and he eventually moved centrally 30 minutes in. Rony’s a non-factor, Munir is getting involved, but we can’t seem to elaborate our play in the final 3rd.

Gudelj is orchestrating the buildup well, Óliver tries to find a playing partner among the attackers, but very little is being offered.

We ended the half playing 4-4-2, with Munir left & Lopes right. A few good passages of play, but no shots being generated. It’s been a boring half to be fair. So for anyone watching, i don’t blame you if you did something else. :man_shrugging:t4:

54’ - Bryan IN. Rony Lopes OUT.

Gol from Bryan Gil! Took a deflection, but well deserved from the difference he’s made since coming on.

Now Vázquez on to replace Chicharito. 61’

1 Like

68’ - Mena IN. Óliver OUT.

Great to see Gill score. Nice change from Lopetegui. Good work!

Dabbur gets on scoresheet too! Nice win in end!

1 Like

And it ends nicely with a well worked goal by Dabbur who hits it on the underside of the crossbar and into the bottom corner.

FT Sevilla 2-0 Qarabag.

1 Like

Made another post-match recap. We clearly played better away to Dudelange. Today we just reverted back to our form in Matchday 2 vs APOEL. But Dabbur scored!

SEV 2-0 QRB

2 Likes

It’s so annoying that Gil gets very few chances, he looked like he might make a big impact this year as did Pozo. I know they are both still young, but those two deserve more chances in the bigger games IMO rather than these almost “nothing” games in the Europa League.

1 Like

I think once Jan-Feb comes in, and we start having 2 games per week, we’ll start seeing the players who are actually on form feature more. Less Nolito & Luuk, and more Munir & Chicharito/Dabbur.

3 Likes