Team V Getafe

In a game where we lacked in creativity, got outplayed, and didn’t really deserve to win, a simple touch of class made the difference.

Wow Ganso. Wow.

PS: Muriel, we didn’t pay 20M for that shit. Don’t let this be a trend. Fix that.

Terrible performance, a very lucky win. At this point as a Sevillista fan, I’d be down to see us win trophies or reach enormous success (La Liga, CL or at least final etc.) by not playing well, however, this tonight was just extreme pure luck that could bite us hard any other day.

We need to radically fix things up if we want to survive the CL group stage and at least aim for the 4th position in La Liga.

Without a decent striker and a decent DM (signings/loans) this will be hard to achieve.

Well, what a boring game until that bit of magic from Ganso, I’d almost fallen asleep.
I think Muriel. just needs that bit of luck it seems that the tag of being our most expensive signing is weighing heavy on his shoulders. Once he scores the 1st goal I feel the pressure will lift and we will see him scoring on a regular basis.

I agree about Muriel. When’s the last time we saw WBY shake off a guy and break loose like that? Adds an extra layer especially if we’re gonna play through Ganso though why not put Ganso at forward and WBY as a midfielder? I see WBY running hard while Ganso just pops up for tap in goals lol. Great goal but jeez otherwise.

Happy to head to international break/well earned vacation for Sevillistas with 4 points out of 6 and a la Champions we go!!

They say it’s the hallmark of a top team when they can play crap and win. I believe in that. It’s often the case that one or two of your best players have a bad game, inexplicably, but it was five or six of our best players in this game.

Also pleased because Getafe are very solid, OK they still have Cala but it’s a much improved squad, and they took a point a week earlier in Bilbao. And Sevilla kept a clean sheet.

Plus Geta had all week to prepare while Sevilla were drained out by the physical and emotional burn from the Champions league game.

Ganso certainly needs to improve his game though, just connect with another Sevilla player, via the simple pass, if you’re in your own half, and save the fancy turns and tricks for advanced positions, like around the box. It’s not fair on the other players losing so much possession in your own half. And I have to say that some of his simple passes were a bit sloppy.

Berizzo went into the game talking about Getafe being very strong on winning the second ball, I was impressed that he brought up the subject and was on top of things. But then we got suckered into high balls and so much mid-field head tennis I couldn’t believe we were getting dragged into that. Banega would have sorted that out, and even without Banega, Nzonzi would have swung the head tennis in our favour.

Now we need to overcome Eibar? and Bilbao and Vazquez will need time to get back into the swing of things, but we’re looking OK now that we’re getting a full strength squad without injuries for the next phase.