Sevilla vs Real Sociedad: Matchday 27

ANOTHER ONE!

Rulli way out of his box, La Real’s defense makes a mess of it, and WBY punishes them and shoots it into the empty net. Possible hattrick for Ben Yedder.

4-1 Sevilla. Let’s go!!!

1 Like

The ball just seems to want to go in for us today. Yet another Sevilla goal. What is going on!?

This time it’s an Oyarzabal own goal. 5-1 Sevilla

1 Like

You get a goal and you get a goal!

1 Like

André Silva comes in for Munir (71’)

Someone who definitely needs a goal.

1 Like

Yessssss! Bryan Gil finally comes on for Banega. Also it’s a return for Gonalons, who’s come on for Ben Yedder.

1 Like

Mercado gets unlucky as a cross directly hits his arm and a penalty is given…

Oyarzabal steps up and sends Soriano the wrong way. 5-2 Sevilla. (78’)

And full time is called. Match ends 5-2 in favour for the boys from Nervión.

That 2nd half performance >>>>>>

1 Like

What a turnaround in the 2nd half! We immediately put Real Sociedad on their heels as Sevilla’s pressure led to a period of total domination. In the midfield, this was largely down to Roque Mesa’s timing in the press. Ben Yedder also came out ready to take advantage of every slip up, and was always in the right place to reap rewards. Got himself a hattrick in the process.

1 Like

Couldn’t watch the match at all, but a great result and hopefully some inspiration to go forward.

The next match on Thursday vs. Slavia will be crucial for the team and Machin as well.

1 Like

I noticed more people making slide tackles in the attacking half keeping balls in Sevilla’s half today. Appreciated the effort from the boys. I hope we saved some goals for Thursday!

1 Like

Tremendous atmosphere in the RSP, it doesn’t register on TV but it was a deafening performance by the Biris. Sevilla put in the work and intensity in the second half and nobody chased more than Munir, he was subbed later and got emotional, it was a case of giving everything, blood sweat and tears to keep Machin in charge. I thought Munir, Mercado and Navas were supreme, Gonalons looks good to me, Ben Yedder does his normal thing and scores but it was a team performance. I didn’t expect such a robust response to the critics.

I expect that Sevilla will cruise through against Praga, I never doubted it, even before today’s game.

2 Likes

That 1st 20mins of the 2nd half was our best display of the season. Once we scored the 3rd you could sense the relief in the stadium. Tim is correct the atmosphere was amazing. Every time Real got the ball Sevilla robbed them and went all out to attack, every player played like their life depended on winning.
Let’s hope this can be repeated on Thursday.

3 Likes