Sevilla vs Rayo Vallecano: Matchday 34

Oh how things seemed so great the last time we faced Rayo! Fortunately, we haven’t totally blown our chances to finish 4th. Getafe was a match to forget, but we can only counter that result with a win today.

TEAM NEWS
Navas & Sarabia make the squad after some fitness doubts during the week. Carriço is expected to retake his starting spot after serving his suspension. André Silva, despite having resumed training, hasn’t made the final list of 18.

Back at the Pizjuán, it should go back to the usual full-frontal, relentless attacking, backed by the defensive solidity of our tried & tested CB pairing in Mercado & Carriço. How will it all unfold? Will Munir add-on to his goal tally? will WBY end his recent drought? or is Sarabia set on being at the centre of it all once more?

Vamos campeón!!

2 Likes

I’m missing a big win, Getafe was the place to stake the claim for 4th position but things didn’t work out. The last great victory was the 5 goal victory against la Real Sociedad a few weeks back, and decisive victories have been sparse.

Little chance today, it will be tooth and nail to carve out a victory unless we hit lucky. Put something bitter on your finger nails, for example the tears of a Betis fan. Sevilla will be treading carefully, Rayo are desperate.

2 Likes

Hmmn. Mesa, Banega & Mudo. I don’t like this.

2 Likes

Anything less than 3 points is unforgivable.

1 Like

We beat them last time with this midfield pairing. Hope they don’t overcomplicate things.

We’re creating chances but 3 shit finishes by Sarabia, Munir and Mudo. Banega has excellent free kick, inch perfect but too far out giving time to the goalkeeper.

Of course we don’t get that handball call…

This kinda game worries me. It’s hella stretched, and Banega’s already on a yellow. How will he cope?

1 Like

Worries me too but Rayo have opened up and it could mean that Sevilla have room to play, 2 minutes to half time, danger zone.

I’d put Bryan on in the second half, from the start, take off either Munir or Banega.

1 Like

Wasteful…

I trust Caparrós to make the right moves.

Ref blows offside when the rebound is from a Rayo player, can someone explain him the rules.

Finally…

2 Likes

Promes … shoots … rebounds … shoots again … goal

1 Like

Goooool de Promes !!!

3 Likes

Goal Munir, hope there’s no VAR on that.

1 Like

Bang bang!

Munir with loads of time to take that shot. Assisted by Sarabia.

3 Likes

Crikey what control and finish by Munir, he’s class.