Sevilla vs Betis: Matchday 32 - El Gran Derbi

Great match! Sorry I couldn’t chat throughout the game. Our DC Monchi’s Men representatives were watching together for the first time since the Man U Champions League match.

3 Likes

Honours more or less even apart from the points went to Sevilla and the refereeing decisions went to Betis. Refs are normally caseros and favour the homeside but it’s not happening, certainly not against Valencia, not against Alaves who were constantly fouling Sevilla and going unpunished, Betis are more crafty with their diving and simulating fouls and got 2 good chances direct from the ref. They were also saying all week that Canales was doubtful, jokers.

Caparros is really cruising, especially if you add on his 12 points from 12 at the end of last season. But I think it was a big error not to put Promes on from the start because he’s more direct than Escudero, and holds the ball well, something needed against Betis. Also a big shame that Gonalons was withdrawn at the last minute, leaving Roque Messi and Banega in the middle (not our best mix)

Getafe having a bad time against Valladolid, at least 3 players are going to miss the next game (Sevilla) and they’re down to 10 men and (edit) drawing with a last minute penalty, that wasn’t a penalty despite VAR.

2 Likes

Y’all seen who’s been appointed for the pivotal Getafe match? :no_mouth:

I know, everyone in every league & sport in the world complains about referees. But from what we see in La Liga, it’s often so outrageous that it has to be critiqued. Just in the last game, the ref out of nowhere took a turn midway through the 2nd half and started calling every challenge a foul, and booking players for them. Simply look at Navas’ booking and you can call BS.

Now with Lahoz, we have history. But even the press talks about him taking the piss every now and then. It’s what he does. I dunno about you Shend, but if we come outta the Coliseum with 3 points, with the Lahoz-handicap, we deserve that final CL. :triumph:

1 Like
3 Likes

Good to have such a fan, fan of the team, club, stadium and city, great.