Sevilla v Levante: Matchday 21

Not so fun fact: We lost this exact fixture 2-3 on the same matchday in the 2013-14 season, where we had this same, extra long pre-season in EL qualification. History to repeat itself?

We’re right in the thick of things as we resume the league campaign. Thankfully we’re playing at home this time. The other CL hopefuls are within touching distance, so a win here is a must. Coming off a very favourable result midweek vs Barcelona, I don’t expect a sluggish start. Especially in La Bombonera de Nervión.

In terms of personnel, there are more woes. Word is that we’ll be without Navas for a month and that Escudero has picked up a knock. Contrary to what’s in the papers, Machín believes Arana will be staying, and not be sold or loaned out this month, so he makes the squad, by default anyway. The list is as follows:

As rotation in midfield is severely needed, it’s nice to see Roque Mesa return. We’re also a bit light in the attacking department, so maybe one of the strikers gets a rest again. Promes was great last game, but maybe he gets saved for the return leg? I’m also fiending for another Bryan appearance. Let’s put this game away early so we can give him that chance.

I surely remember the reverse fixture (we scored 6), but Levante will as well. They might also still be salty over the Copa del Rey fallout. But hey, it’s Sevilla FC’s 129th birthday, so none shall spoil this party. ¡Feliz cumpleaños!

Lucha por lo que amas.

PS: Let’s also remind ourselves that this is just sport, and there are more important things outside of it. The disappearance of Emiliano Sala’s flight was disheartening, and i hope his family, and that of the pilot, David Ibbotson, can find peace & solace at a time like this.

3 Likes

Quincy needs to attack from the onset and not let up

Gonna be honest here, i passed out and woke up with 5 minutes left. Did i miss much? I seen Wöber make a crazy run… can he perhaps play LWB?

We clearly look the better side. Some cleaner finishing and we’re up 2 or 3. Wober looks really good, and Vidal and Mesa were lively. Sarabia for Mudo seems like the obvious switch. Maybe Amadou for Banega later.

Damn, Gómez got injured?? This is getting outta hand.

We should win this one. Couldn’t catch the first 20 mins, hopefully Sergi Gomez isn’t badly injured.

Wober looking really good, and what I like about the team this season compared to the previous one is that we’re fighting in most of the matches… battling for every ball and that is a positive sign.

What a player WBY is…

1 Like

Lovely finish by WBY, and nice pass by Mesa. 1-0 Sevilla.

That was a sexy goal

He just gets it.

Oh come on, now Aleix…

This isnt real. Our players are made of paper, especially Vidal…

Holy hell Banega what a pass

1 Like

Good pressing high up the pitch has us winning the ball… Promes gets free on the right flank and puts in on a plate for André Silva… Gol.

2-0 Sevilla.

If i told u we had a 6 on 1, u would think we’d score right? :joy:

2 Likes

Luckily Promes is better and better on wing back role.
And how can they screw up that 6 on 1 play…

2 Likes

So Levante doesn’t think we scored enough last time?!

Nobody picks up Sarabia wide on the left, loads of space & time to pick out Silva who slots it home. Levante has given up lol

1 Like

Damn, WBY fooled by a fake whistle
He’s too honest

2 Likes

Quincy got too much sauce. Hella versatile too… the man can do it on both flanks.

…and Sarabia scores the penalty that Promes just won. 4-0 Sevilla. More to come?