Sevilla v Extremadura [Homenaje a J.A. Reyes]

I hardly think Julen is going to go you know what… I don’t think I will pick my best XI for this game, that’ll fool them. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Haha true mate! Good point! Just hope he picks the same eleven most of us feel is the best one! As sometimes managers prefer a player over another. Hopefully though we will be happy with line up next week!

You feel positive for next week mate?

I don’t know what to expect from Espanyol really as I haven’t been keeping an eye on them. One bit of good news for us though is that Betis are on the verge of signing Borja Iglesias off of them though, and I really rate him so that can only be a good thing.

I’m still not sure on our best starting XI really, I’m not convinced Corchia or Jesus should be our starting RB. Navas is ok as a back up / attacking option if chasing a game but he’s not really a RB.

Personally I would probably go:

GK: Vaclik

RB: J. Navas
CB: D. Carlos
CB: Carriço
LB: Escudero

DM: Fernando
CM: Banega
CM: Jordan

RW: Munir
CF: Ben Yedder
LW: Ocampos

1 Like

Yeah that will be good news. He’s one of their better players and that has to unsettle them and take a bit of quality away from their side.

They obviously been playing more competitively than us as they had early Europa league qualifying matches. That could either help them be match tough or have have an adverse effect, if they picked up injuries or are a bit fatigued.

Personally, I want most of a new signings to start. Not sure I’d start Ben Yedder, as we looking to sell him soon and not going to be part of Lopetegui’s future plans.

I’d go assuming all fit

Vaclik

Reguilon Kounde Carlos corchia

Fernando Jordán Banega

Ocampos Dabbur. Munir

Something like that. However, plenty of options to choose from

Maybe escudero instead of Reguilon if he not fully fit! Also Nolito has been in great form pre season so he could play instead of maybe Ocampos or Munir. It’s a tough choice like, as Lopetegui does have a lot of options, which is good! There could be more additions to come as well!

Disappointing we didn’t get a proper team photo for the last pre season game especially as it was the José Antonio Reyes memorial game.

@SurreySevilla there was one. I saw them lineup with the kids in the kits.

Didn’t seem to be on the twitter page like the others. Ah well!

I went to the game and spent the weekend in that part of Extremadura and it was wonderful, stayed in a Convent, converted into hotel, and it was great apart from all the doors being 5’6" high, the people must have been much smaller 4 centuries ago.

Spent much of Saturday in the team Hotel in Almendralejo and chatted to the support staff, the Granada episode was still the epi-centre of discussion, and the SFC TV debacle was raising a few eyebrows. Apparently there’s some deal (complicated) to go more social media for ad revenue. But apparently Sevilla had paid Extremadura a kings ransom for the broadcast rights, I still don’t know what’s going on there.

As for the game, once again a mistaken selection but some great performances and Pozo the most notable, especially alongside Ocampos who will make the grade eventually, he just needs to calm down a little. Also, a lot of very rapid, beautiful one touch and classy football by Sevilla, unfortunately accompanied by a few sloppy errors.

It seemed to me that Reguilon and Jordan were not on the same wavelength and a lot of lost possession was resulting from their inter-play, could be that Reguilon was still not recovered. I don’t know who was the most guilty between Kjaer and Sergio Rico but Kjaer had words with Sergio and he seemed to acknowledge his lack of concentration.

Bryan did a change of pace, right in front of me and I swear I’ve never seen a player move that fast in all my life, wow what a prospect he is. De Jong scored, ok, but we’re flogging a dead horse there.

By chance our entrance was gate 19 which is now a tribute to Reyes.

2 Likes

2 Likes

4 Likes

what a great experience Tim! Thanks for sharing the photos. Pretty cool that gate!

1 Like

I stuffed up and forgot to pack the mobile and Tablet, just had the nikon. No social media for a weekend was ‘wicked’ !!!

But all the thanks should go to you for the work you put into this wonderful site :+1::+1::+1:

4 Likes

EACD1-oXsAAi10d

Here is our starting XIs in pre season. Only game I can’t find a line up picture for is the one against the FC Dallas development team.

1 Like

There might not have been one with the North Texas team. I think they just started the game. It wasn’t very official.