Sevilla v Eibar: Week 23

Down a man and without Banega and we killed it.

1 Like

Also, Mesa had a pig of a game, errors from the start, and created the first goal for Eibar. But we were below par, we opened them up several times in the first half without any luck. But we were inviting them in thanks to Banega and Mesa, the game needed a radical overhaul. Too many players not singing from the same hymn sheet, not on the same page. Has to be fixed Mr Machin.

2 Likes

Gil a big difference maker when he came on. Giving 100% effort. Iā€™m not sure he could do that for 60 minutes, but that was refreshing!

1 Like

What are the locals saying about Banega? We canā€™t be the only ones seeing this!

Banega, holding off challenges with the ball while everyone else is moving forward like lightning, then he either gets a free kick or not, but the movement is wasted. Iā€™m starting to think that the other players resent Banega. BANEGA YOU ARE NOT MESSI, be a team player.

Good question, I think they are starting to see the problem, but here they criticize every negative result.

1 Like

By getting sent off, did Ɖver somehow guarantee himself a starting role for the EL matches? :thinking:

Why the hell was the crowd whistling Sarabia?

I think itā€™s cause he has yet to sign a new contract and his inconsistency.

Couldnā€™t watch the match, and gladly so. Lucky to get out with a point from this oneā€¦ many issues on the horizon, Machin needs to fix them quick or heā€™s not here for long.

This way weā€™re seriously risking the 4th place.

Saw the first half and it was a total drag. The fact that the team managed to score 2 after Banega made his exit is pretty telling. The first goal was just Orellana single-handedly cutting our defense to shreds, been a while since we had this kind of penetration. The whole midfield needs to be replaced, Sergi Darder had a blinder of a game, any chance of at picking him up?

Next up Lazio who are not in a rich vein of form themselves, having only won the last 2 matches 1-0, they are expecting Luis Alberto back but Immobile and Savic are struggling. If we could hold them to a draw or even nick an away goal we could be on good grounds for the return leg.

In answer to a couple of questions posted in this thread.
Re why were the crowd whistling Sarabia?. They were not, they were whistling Machin as when the board was first held up for the sub change it showed that no 17 Sarabia was being replaced instead of no 7 Mesa. Whether this was a mistake by the 4th ref, or Machin changed his mind after the reaction Iā€™m not sure.

There were plenty of fans including me who were criticising Banega who was terrible, letā€™s see if a couple of games rest improves things.

Bryan Gill was by far the best player we had, Wobber was nothing like the player he showed us on his debut, he was slow and badly positioned throughout the game. promes was poor, hardly won any ball in the air that was given to him.
Ben Yedder and Silva both worked hard for little reward. Mesa had a nightmare.
Apart from the last 10 mins this was the worst Sevilla display I have seen for a long time.

1 Like