Sevilla Players Called up for International Matches

Carrico, Vaclik, Dabbur, Kjaer, Ocampos and Bryan Gil (he’s on an under team) have all been called up for international duty in September. This is the first time Carrico has been in the Portuguese squad since June 2015.

I was going to say, Carriço hasn’t been in a squad for ages. Not sure what he has done to warrant it over pre season but fair play. :joy:

I won’t except any Carriço slander in here! :rage:

One of a few bright spots from last season, and might’ve even deserved a callup to that Euro 2016 side. Pepe can’t play no more, Jose Fonte is even slower, and Dani is balling now. He was only flexin in these last couple games.

Respect Carriço :triumph:

5 Likes

Nothing but respect for Carriço, a true warrior!

4 Likes

Yeah carrico absolutely deserves it. A true leader and fighter for Sevilla. The fans love him for the passion and commitment he shows week in week out. Plus he and Diego Carlos have started very strongly at central defence this season.

Wish him all the best!

3 Likes

Not sure I actually disrespected Carriço. :joy::joy::joy:

The man!!!

4 Likes

And this? :face_with_monocle:

Perhaps the selection pool isn’t as strong, but nothing unwarranted here. He might’ve been on the periphery of being selected.

1 Like

If Portugal had the nerve to call Bruno Alves up until the 2018 World Cup, then only for that if for nothing else Carrico (who is a lot more better than Alves) deserves a call-up. I hope we’ll see him in Euro 2020 for Portugal!

2 Likes

I am a fan of his as well.

1 Like

Sarabia finally got a call-up. What the fuck took so long?

1 Like

He was with Sevilla.

4 Likes

:laughing:

Pozo also called up for the Spanish U-21s.

De Jong for Holland as well

1 Like

Ocampos stayed in Sevilla due to his foot issue.

1 Like

Flabbergasted to see that Carrico has only 1 cap to his name and that came way back in 2015 with 30 minutes in a friendly. How was he overlooked for so long? I know that Pepe and Carvalho would definitely start while Bruno Alves and Jose Fonte are also dependable but Carrico could have at least made the squad as a backup, he was completely overlooked for Euro 2016, the 2018 World Cup and the 2019 League of Nations. Even Nelson Semedo has 10 caps.

2 Likes

He wears this: :sevillafc:

2 Likes

A pity to see him in the losing side, but it felt quite good today as my NT (Kosovo) won against Czech NT 2-1 in Prishtina.

Next up, England!

2 Likes

Nice - did you try to meet him? He was super friendly.