Sevilla FC vs. Alaves - 04-04-2019 - Matchday 30

71’ - Mesa has now gone down seeking attention from the physio. He is subsequently subbed for Marko Rog.

I like this change for the chance to see this CM pairing. Well done Capa

GOOOOOL DEL SEVILLA!!!

Careless play from Alavés, and the counter was off. WBY putting his best mate Sarabia thru 1 on 1 vs Pacheco and Pablo does no wrong and scores with his right foot. 2-0 Sevilla

Sevilla’s 100th goal this campaign!

1 Like

André Silva has come on for Munir. (83’)

UUUYYY!!!

Dangerous Guidetti cross found Jony far post, but his downward header bounces over the bar. Saved us from a nervy end to the game.

Last sub made for Mudo Vázquez who’s replaced by Promes. (87’)

Sarabia’s in-swingers have been lethal today. Kjær failed to connect to it this time.

1 Like

Into stoppage time now with 5 min added.

Keep Sarabia at whatever the cost

2 Likes

Was just thinking this. Make him feel valued. I’d make him top 10 paid players in the league. He’s that valuable to us.

Pitazo final! It ends 2-0 for the home side at the RSP. Goal & Assist for Pablo Sarabia. MOTM.

#PayThatMan

2 Likes

Good win, very important 3 points.

Now on to Valladolid!

1 Like

Huge victory!

Nervous man

We dominated for most of the match but it still only ended 2-0, with the 2nd goal only coming in the 80th minute. We played a great game, but improvements can still be made.

I still think WBY & Silva should be our starting pair. For one, André gives us the aerial presence needed for the myriad of crosses into the box. For two, Munir doesn’t display enough quality to warrant a starting role. He works his socks off, but often times he looks limited and picks the wrong option in good positions. A super sub role could do him some good.

Caparrós made 6 changes in today’s lineup, and the one that caught my eye was Mudo at LM. If you watched his 2nd half vs Valencia, then playing at RM, he basically vacated that flank and joined in the attack on the left. It was more of the same today, but he simply remained more central. He seems more at ease playing there, whether it’s LM, or at LCM in a 3-man midfield. He isn’t a quick player, but his style helped us in the build-up, alongside CMs in Gonalons & Mesa, who are very capable with the ball at their feet. His lack of a scoring touch is what lets him down.

At the same time, Promes is tailor made for that LW position, and probably could have helped us ramp up the scoreline. But i believe his omission was a bit of man-management from Caparrós. Quincy wasn’t brought in till very late in the game (86’), but you can see Capa in his ear after the match giving him encouragement. He was one of a few bright spots in the loss to Valencia, but you got the sense that there was a bit too much flash and not enough substance. If he is to be impactful for us in this final stretch, we’ll need him to have more of an eye for goal.

Also, i can’t stress this enough, but Sarabia is too good not to have his deal improved. As brilliant as his 400k signing from Getafe proved to be, not raising his €18M release clause can undo all that good work. He showed us just how much we missed him these last few games. If it’s not WBY, it’s Sarabia. And the Spaniard is now at his usual 10 & 10 in the league alone. #PayThatMan #InMonchiWeTrust

This was a much needed win, as the CL race is as close as ever. The weekend’s missed opportunity has let Valencia back in, and it’s now a free-for-all between 4-5 teams. All matches from now on will be difficult as every team (bar Real Madrid) has something to play for. A tough match away to Valladolid awaits us, as we’ll be without both our starting fullbacks, Navas & Escudero. How will we avoid playing Arana this time?

Today’s ratings:

Soriano 6.5/10
Navas 7/10
Kjær 7/10
Carriço 8/10
Escudero 7/10
Gonalons 8/10
Mesa 8/10
Sarabia 8.5/10
Vázquez 6.5/10
Munir 6.5/10
WBY 7/10

1 Like

Sevilla Win, :poop: Lose! Woohoo:sevillafc::sevillafc::sevillafc::sevillafc::sevillafc:

3 Likes

Valencia 2-0 down to Rayo in 90th minute, excellent.

2 Likes

It’s now or never, we NEED to win vs. Valladolid to keep the hopes up today!

1 Like