Sevilla at Espanyol: Matchday 28

79’ - Final sub sees Banega subbed for Vázquez.

I don’t like that sub. What would Mudo add? At least Gil would provide some pace. Promes is my MOM so far.

I think he wants to take back control of the game. Mudo loves to go down.

87’ - Every whistle going against as we’re trying to play out of this pressure. Time to suffer.

FINAAAAAAAAAAL! 1-0 SEVILLA! SMASH & GRAB!

Ojo… Soriano gets a second yellow following that mish mash after the final whistle.

what the fuck just happened?

Loved how the guys battled out there. They won nearly every header that came into the box. Promes is a good shout for MOTM, but my pick is Gonalons. He was simply superb.

He was really good too. The TV gave it to Silva which was laughable.

1 Like

Juan Soriano 7
Navas 7
Mercado 8
Carriço 7.5
Wöber 7
Banega 6.5
Amadou 6
Gonalons 8
Promes 8
Ben Yedder 7
André Silva 6.5

Munir 6
Rog 6
Vázquez N/A

Lmao what game were they watching?! Still unsure what Soriano did. It was mentioned he did something to Sergi Darder. :man_shrugging:t5:

Now we need any amount of points lost by Getafe right now.

1 Like

That was a huge win for our fight for 4th.

1 Like

I didn’t get to see any of the game and had to make do with listening to the 2nd half on the car radio, it sounded like we were well on top. But then again it was Radio SevillaFC so I suppose they were a little biased. :thinking:

I didn’t get that vibe; lots of defending in the second half. Scary moments.

We needed to win this and it was never going to be easy away from home to a bipolar team like Espanyol.

There was a lot of battling from our side, but we played simple football. The effectiveness will come with time.

4-4-2 ftw!

1 Like