Pre-season: vs FC Dallas / N. Texas SC

WHEN?
Wednesday, July 17th, 2019
2000 EST (0200 CET)

WHERE TO WATCH?
Facebook

Friendly #2 kicks off tonight on US soil as Sevilla takes on MLS side FC Dallas. There will also be an additional 45 minutes against their B-team, North Texas Soccer Club. My worry here is how quickly players would have adapted to the time difference, seeing as they’d be playing at 2am in Spain.

TEAM NEWS
The squad currently sits with 32 players at its disposal, including newest signee Óliver Torres. Will be interesting to see who he matches up with in midfield. Amadou hasn’t made the trip for visa issues. Apart from him, we’ve gotten back all our 1st team players.

As witnessed in the previous game vs Reading, we will primarily play 4-3-3. Most starting spots still seem to be up for grabs, especially in the forward roles. I think many of us will be hoping for our cantera players to have another positive influence in the match.

¡Vamos mi Sevilla!

1 Like

Starting XI:

Vaclík
Navas - Kounde - Carriço - Escudero
Fernando
Vázquez - Banega
Ocampos - De Jong - Munir

I can’t catch this one tonight guys. Not sure if there’s a re-broadcast, but i’ll watch the highlights later.

Vamos muchachos!

1 Like

Any one want a kit? 85 bucks

The De Jong goal was spectacular. Jordan’s free kick was pretty tool; although the keeper setup pretty terribly for that one imo.

1 Like

Great goals by the new boys! I like what I’m seeing early doors, great for both to get a goal and great goal by de jong! Fantastic technique and strike! Great free kick by Jordan too! It’s exciting times and it’s great we made all these signings early, gives us better preparation for new season. 2 wins out of 2 for Lopetegui’s lad. Good start!

2 Likes

Always nice to see the new signings score. What a golazo by De Jong!

Also, SFC TV will re-broadcast the match at 2130 CET (1530 EST).

2 Likes

Nice result by the boys from Nervión. From what i seen in the 1st half, Fernando is really tidy as a #6 and an absolute stalwart. Ocampos is coming along, and had a good thing going down the right w/ Navas.

In the 2nd half, I feel like the midfield was a bit more balanced. Jordán just shows he can do it all. Óliver combines well, and Juanpe really held it down. I’m not sure if he’s ready for La Liga, but he should at least find a team in the Segunda to play in regularly. And I think we’ll have a lot of fun seeing Reguilón this season.

The real challenge comes on Sunday against CL winner Liverpool. Hopefully we keep this winning streak going. :smile:

2 Likes

Any shots of us on the screen there?

1 Like