Pre-Season: vs Everton / Mainz [2019 Opel Cup]

Watching thru SFC TV.

For real. Had me worried they weren’t gonna show it. I did like hearing the feed without commentary for those first 10 minutes. Got to hear what Lopetegui was looking for in his players… faster ball movement, stretch play, close down on opponents right away, etc. This will take time, but they’re showing good signs.

1 Like

Well that was a bit concerning, De Jong finally touched the ball in the 59th minute. Oliver disappeared and his previous touches were caught in possession and an intercepted pass. Mudo like watching a tortoise in slow motion. Navas improved but he had to come inside, not one overlap on the outside. Ocampos, a lot of work and a good release valve helping us out of defence.

Now I suppose that Banega and Mudo will be replaced and we’ll see a different Sevilla for that one reason alone.

1 Like

Spot on Tim. Very frustrating watching that midfield. Mudo does one good thing, then 3 errors follow. Got better once we got the lead, but the man holds the ball with 4 Everton players closing him down… like, seriously my guy?

Another pre season win! Lots to be encouraged about and built upon! Good workout for the players!

1 Like

I don’t think we can call them wins or defeats when the game is 60 minutes, unless that is, we win by 3 or 4 goals. But it’s a good clean sheet, Everton have a lot of quality players and they didn’t cause us much trouble.

1 Like

Starting XI vs Mainz:

Vaclík
Pozo - Diego - Kjær - Regui
Gudelj
Jordán - Banega
Munir - Carlos F.dez - Dabbur

Edit: Pozo playing RB. :thinking:

Pozo at RB is an odd choice.

I didn’t even know there was such a thing as SFC TV, how do I find this? :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Pozo gol !!! Que se quedarse !!

https://live.sevillafc.es/

Quite a beautiful goal actually, well finished by Pozo.

and now Munir 2-0

2 Likes

1-0 to us! Vamos!

Wow! 2-0! We on fire! Haha

2 Likes

This is beautiful stuff.

1 Like

Wow that’s a fast start!

SFC TV website not loading for me at the moment but worth noting, will have to rely upon you guys to keep me up to date with the score for now. :wink:

2 Likes

Who needs a Suso when you have a Munir?

What a half! Definitely our best bit of play this pre-season. But Mainz have been shambolic at the back. We’re treating them like we did Levante last season.

2 Likes

Does the Sevilla homepage work for you at all? You can find the Live TV link thru there as well.

hope you get it working for the second half. I’ll check it out and see if it’s working from here.

Try refreshing as well. I got that error message just now, but it started working after resetting the page.

A classic Sevilla 4-4-2 to start the 2nd half:

Javi Díaz
Corchia - Diego - Kjær - Regui
Munir - Jordán - Banega - Pozo
Ben Yedder - Dabbur

46’ - Kjær comes off for Sergi Gómez, who plays for the first time this pre-season.