Pre-Season Thread (EL Qualies + Friendlies)

10 minutes, 2 bad passes by Banega, Pejiño on the left, should be on the right.

Mudo it’s time to step up to the mark or take a step out of the club.

Sevilla looking very defensive. Sergio Gomez looks OK

anyone got a stream?

Pejiño cuts a brilliant inside ball for Escudero who fluffs the opportunity.

Sarabia 0-1

1 Like

Vamos Sevilla!!

Serious first half by Sevilla, taking a few knocks from upjest. Pejiño looks a serious future talent but lacks confidence, he was put through on counter attack and passed the ball instead of surging ahead.

Does Pejino have the potential to reach Carrasco’s level?

We lack creativity… still not sure how this system works 100%. Need to see the first team play a couple of matches before judging. Although, the defense is quite tight.

0-2 Sarabia

Hi Shendm, it’s too early for me to say but I think he’s the most promising cantera since Puerta.

Muriel for WBY and Nolito for Sarabia, Pejiño changes wing to the right.

are you based in Sevilla Tim?

1 Like

Thanks for the match comments and observations. I have been out and missed the game. who do we get in the next round?

I can go see Betis train any day without restriction. But I can’t enter the Sevilla training ground without press certification. I blamed Emery for the change but it was the club not Emery.

It’s a history I’d rather not get into but imagine a grandfather who drove 80 km each day to collect the grandchildren to watch Reyes and Antoñito train in 2002, 30 km of dirt road and 50 km of single carriageway, every day. True supporters, season ticket holder since 1940’s. What a shame.

But I’ve got connections, never have to pay for a ticket so there’s that.

1-3 Murield scores in minute 82. Game over.

3 Likes

Great win and 1st job done!

1 Like

thanks for the reply

hope you are coping OK in that heat? When I was there it got to 42C (107f) and that was hard enough to cope with

I watched the game on Bein la liga via my satellite dish here in the Uk. I agree with Tim Sergio Gomez looked ok.
Good to see Sarabia playing a more forward role and rewarded with his two goals and Muriel’s goal should give him a bit of a boost too.
On the downside Rico flapped at three high balls that could have punished us had we been playing a better team, I only hope that Machin saw enough tonight to see that he should not be our first choice keeper.
Another observation was that I can’t remember Ben Yedder ever getting a touch of the ball tonight, what is the point of crosses into the area when the only player we have in there is the shortest man on the pitch?

On another point I’m happy to read on the official site that I will be compensated to the tune of 21Euros due to the loss of the home leg of the supercopa de España that was included in my season ticket. I would have missed it anyway as I will not be back in Spain until at least mid September: :smiley:

1 Like

you got BeIn La Liga on your UK dish? please, let me know how you did this as I need to find a way of watching La Liga on my TV this season (Eleven Sports only offering online games via their app)

jonjar. The dish is pointed to the Astra satellite at 19.2 degs east and together with a suitable Satellite receiver search for “c line server” and all will be revealed.

1 Like

ZALGIRIS VILNIUS is the next opponent, I think that’s Lithuania, just above Poland on the map.