Matchday 9: Sevilla vs Levante [2019-20]

START TIME
Sunday, October 20th, 2019
1500 EST / 2100 CET / 0500 AEST

We’re back with another primetime fixture against 11th-placed Levante. The standings are so tight this early that they could vault us and have us finish the matchday in 11th, essentially a straight swap.

There are no easy matches in La Liga. But when it comes to opposition outside the traditional Big 4, we should take advantage of the fortress that is the RSP to get the 3 points. Another slip up here would be inexcusable.

The whole squad has been called up for this match. The positive is that no one has been hit by the FIFA virus, so everyone is fit. What‘s left to be seen is what adjustments Lopetegui will make «cough» at striker «cough» to improve our finishing.

RELEASE
It’s been a long time since that 4-0 defeat at Barcelona, and Sevilla can now respond with a better performance in front of the home fans. The makings of a good team are there. This will only come into fruition with more matches and finding the right pairings in the squad. If we play similarly to how we started the season, we should be fine for tonight’s game. ¡A por ellos!

¡Vamos mi Sevilla!
#MeLateTuEscudo

3 Likes

Thank goodness that the international break is finally over! Lots of positions to be gained. Vamos!!!

Dabbur and Rony at least getting called up, makes a change. :rofl:

1 Like

Yes, we’re just 4 points above :poop: who are in the relegation zone, and 6 points behind leaders Barcelona.

We also have 3 defeat in 8 games, for Champions we’ll need to keep that under 8 defeats in 38 games. We have 2 defeats in the last 3 games and have conceded 10 [edit 9] of the 11 goals against in the last 3 games, and now have a negative goal difference.

But as Edinho says, the liga classification is very tight and a good win tonight will go a long way to repairing those stats.

Chicharito plays …

Vaclik; Navas, Diego Carlos, Koundé, Reguilón; Fernando, Banega, Joan Jordán; Ocampos, Nolito y Chicharito.

Don’t mess with Jordan, Lope

2 Likes

A better starting line up tonight! Although I would have liked to have seen Bono get a chance instead of vaclik. Also I’d like to have seen Munir start but it’s a decent front 3 nonetheless.

Nice to see Rony lopes at least on the bench. I hope he gets some game time tonight! We need to win this one and get back on track! Vamos!

2 Likes

Any good links to watch this one? Can’t watch it on TV tonight :frowning:

Sevilla on the front foot early. Lots of pressure. 6’

Reguilon denied a goal from a great cross by Ocampos.

Sevilla seemed the better team, just no confidence in the final third.

1 Like

Wasn’t it 0-0 at half time last season and finished 5-0?

1 Like

Same story! We playing decent. Controlling match and look solid. Need to be wary of their counters though! However, problem is in the final third! Chicharito looks sharp but needs a bit more support!

A big 2nd half coming up! We need to win this!

2 Likes

Great distribution by Vaclick to Reguilon who threads a beauty to Nolito for a shot on goal. Their keeper makes another good save.

Fernando is a beast!

Sevilla pressuring all out. Chicharito with a header, but straight to the keeper.

Fernando gets an unjust yellow. 59’

I agree with them changes! Vamos Sevilla!

1 Like

I agree with the changes but it looks like we might have an accident tonight.

The referee has been a major contributor to Levante’s survival.

It would be a huge shame not winning tonight.

1 Like