Matchday 3: Sevilla v Celta Vigo [2019-20]

De Jong is nervous in front of goal. Thump that shit!

I really want to like LdJ. But I do worry over the course of a season how many of these wasted chances are going to cost us. Very impressive first half an hour.

This is why i prefer Munir off the bench. It takes a while for him to warm up to games.

At least we know Lopy can adapt to different style when needed and the decision making look so much faster.
But de jong you need to learn to shoot…

Nolito practicing his best Hulk Hogan leg drop there and escapes without a card.

2 Likes

Remind me of Cantona’s famous kick…

EDPPAmXXkAIA4VG

Not sure if we are on a wind up fielding Vaclik in a Sky Blue kit against Celta. :sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

1 Like

Good first half, just no score. :frowning:

1 Like

I like that sky blue kit on Vaclík.

We should be able to win this match, although more sharpness up front is needed.

Two things worth noting:

1. Nolito I think would be more suited for a sub/joker role than starting a match. I’m a bit out of touch, what happened to Ocampos?

2. Diego Carlos is an ABSOLUTE GEM of a defender. I miss the times when we had players that’d sacrifice everything and leave their souls (along with their shins) in the pitch. His tackles are timed perfectly as he reads the game very well, but he risks with those robust tackles (not worried about the opponents, worried about him getting injured).

2 Likes

Good 1st half. Dominated the possession, created chances and solid at back! Just missing the end product. Need to be more clinical in front of goal. Hopefully we put that right in the 2nd half. It would be a shame not to win this from here. Vamos!

Was Nolito always this slow?

1 Like

it looks to me the 2 winger are hard working but lack the ability and less of a thread than navas and Reguilon

1 Like

Total Shots: 11 - Sevilla, Celta - 0
On goal: 3
Possession%: 67.4 to 32.6
Pass Success%: 88% to 80%

Midfield, Fullbacks and Diego Carlos bossing it.

1 Like

Ocampos either is injury or make way for Franco Vazquez

Yeah he was limited in training this week with a knock from a prior game.

Didn’t he just get an Argentina call-up? Maybe Lopetegui is doing them/him a favor?

1 Like

About Luuk de Jong, i had very big doubts from the moment we bought him. He’s not effective enough but sinc3 in the dutch league, where he played for top teams in his time PSV and FC Twente in their prime, he get that many chances so he has somewhat impressive numbers. However every foreign league he went, he doesnt jell, doesnt fit in, and eventually wasted all the chances, untill they had enough and look for a relacement. He’s in his prime which he said he felt like too, so Luuk better step up and show it. I want to believe when he feels a bit more comfortable he can score like 20 goals. He’s an insane header above all.

Keep it up the second half lads.

1 Like

Mina on for Fernandez for Celta - Will be a bit more dangerous now.

Yellow for Carlos - 54’

Bryan Gil getting ready to come on for his first minutes of the new year. Replaces Munir (on a yellow).

1 Like