Matchday 2: Sevilla at Granada [2019-20]

very good poise by jordan. getting to the ball, a touch clear of the mess of bodies on the ground. and cool finish.

1 Like

That build up though! Carrico to Nolito to Jordan to De Jong shot, block, Jordan bangs it home.

1 Like

Fernando Yellow - 62ā€™

Banega off - Gudelj on - 64ā€™

The manager, loopy lopy, has deconstructed the team. Iā€™m not a big fan of Mudo, but he can hold the ball and win free-kicks. Instead we get Gudelj.

Not too pleased with the referee either.

Mudo on - Jordan off 86ā€™

How many nutmegs has Ocampos had this game? :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

De Jong working hard and still winning headers in the 88ā€™. His ball winning ability is leading to good possession

Sevilla dominating aerial challenges. 24-11 so far

hold it together guys. just a few more minutes

Sheesh, how else do u want it?

what a play by ocampos to win that and start the breakā€¦ then nolito wastes it.

1 Like

Great chances here late, but some slow decisions make them fall apart.

thatā€™s a bit harsh i guess. if the first pass had gone through he wouldnā€™t have had to wait up for it.

a bit too open for my taste in the last 2 minutesā€¦ theyā€™re getting forward too and forcing some uncomfortable situations.

1 Like

Bam! 2-0 everyone 6 points currently top of the table :slight_smile:.

3 Likes

No shame in winning ugly. 3 points all the same. Letā€™s take it home and prepare for Celta.

Vamos muchachos!Ā”!

2 Likes

Last 2 chancesā€¦ Ocampos and Mudo screwing up big time. Shouldā€™ve been 0-2 for a peace of mind.

Who wouldā€™ve even thought that the subs were going to be Gudelj and Mudoā€¦ would have never bet on that.

One thing I love though, is that weā€™re taking the matches seriously, even with teams like Granada. These teams are used to get dominated but they are not used to get vigorously defended against, chasing them and fighting for every ball with them, from top teams like us - and weā€™re doing just that, which is great, although some energy conserving would do us good. Thatā€™s why the games are killed earlier on.

6 points, thatā€™s what matters!

VAMOS MI SEVILLA!!! VAMOS CAMPEON!!!

BRING ON Celta next week!

2 Likes

Clear penalty there at the end, Sevilla had 5 against 1, Mudo fluffed it, Ocampos recovered the ball and the defender blocked with his arm while sliding along the surface, no VAR. /badref

3 Likes

Fair to say that wasnā€™t a classic, but 3 points is the one that matters. Was fearing that late penalty claim, would not have been surprised to see that given.

6 points from 6 so far, and still a lot to come from this team I think. Still not really sure what our best midfield is. Defence and Forwards seem to be aet at the moment.

3 Likes