Matchday 12: Sevilla vs Atlético [2019-20]

Goal dis-Vared
Jordan replaces our best player on the night, Oliver

Yes, no goal!

And yes, we really need Jordán in there. We’re panicking too much.

1 Like

Lucky escape there, we need to get control back fast. A change was needed for sure

1 Like

Knew that was coming!

1 Like

1-1 Morata. They’re burying us right now.

They literally did the same thing again with crossing far-post. Our defensive shape is gone.

1 Like

Free header! Luuk, that was your only chance all game! You may not get another one.

2 Likes

This is a joke right? Not only did he trip on himself, but it was outside the area…

But Vaclík SAVES!

1 Like

I always knew that one day Vaclic would save a penalty.

Here we are, suffering an onslaught by Atleti and Lope does nothing.

Same song & dance.

I guess we got to be thankful for a point in the end there. Still disappointing but at least it keeps our unbeaten run going!

1 Like

1-1 Tremendous game by Sevilla, with the Referee against. Football is a joke, seriously, with a decent referee Sevilla would have won convincingly.

2 Likes

Phew… thanks Vaclik! Fuck you referee!

4 Likes

Top in sight still though. :wink: Long way to go. Hopefully :poop: can do a favour and get something in Madrid.

3 Likes

You summarised the game in six words :+1:

2 Likes

It’s 11-1 That Betis beat Madrid. But Betis have won there the last three seasons (not 100% sure about that stat) , nevertheless, worth a bet. I won €85 on Granada beating Barcelona at 8.5 to 1.

Betis doing their bit at the moment.

Recorded post-match thoughts. Demoralized after this one, i can’t lie. :pensive:

M12: SEV 1-1 ATM

2 Likes

Nice video man. I’m feeling a bit mixed views on these past 2 draws. I see them as positive ones in a way because they are both top 5 teams and at least we didn’t lose either. We are still a work in progress. The face we winning both though and lost leads makes it a bit disappointing. It is what it is.

Overall though, except for Eibar away we have done well against teams we are favourites to beat. That’s the big thing I’m looking at. These 2 points will look good if we beat Betis away next week and also Valladolid away after international break. It’s our performances and results against the lesser teams will determine whether we reach top 4 and stay up there with the big boys.

I think la Liga is becoming more open than ever. Barcelona and Real Madrid are certainly not as invincible as they used to be. Atlético are a strong solid team but won’t blow you away. We have to give it time as it’s a new project and lots of new players signed with a new manager too. To be honest 21 points from 36 is a good return considering we already played Real Madrid, Barca, Atlético and Valencia once. We still in a great position.

I think we missed Fernando today. He’s great at his defensive midfield duties and we missed his presence today. Atlético took advantage of that and bullied our midfield 2nd half. However, fair play to the team for fighting and still getting a point. Apart from Barca we have been in every game so that’s a positive.

Back to Europa league now and then the big derby. Vamos!

2 Likes