Matchday 1: Sevilla at Espanyol [2019-20]

Stream
http://livetv-demo1-dd.ddns.net/fussball-proxy-livedemo.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIg4CMs_WM5AIVEOPtCh2CKAZMEAEYASAAEgJlE_D_BwE

Although it’s gone off now, so no good!

No worries. I will just keep an eye on the score. :+1:

1 Like

Hey hey he finally posted! This is Ray everyone! My partner in crime in Dallas and Boston. He was also in Orlando a few years ago so some of you may have met him.

2 Likes

Hi Raaaaaaaaay!

The announcer on BeIn - “Surprised that Kjaer was left out of the lineup, I thought he was one of the best players on Sevilla last season.” haha clearly that dude didn’t watch Sevilla last year.

3 Likes

Reguilon in the book 39’. He deserved it. Some silly fouls in the first half.

Gol!!! Reguilon scores on a rebound from a fantastic save by Diego Lopez from a De Jong header. Great play by Sevilla there and Reguilon gets the first 2019 -2020 goal.

2 Likes

Nice one! Vamos!!!

Well not really off a rebound. It was off the post from a bit of bouncing around. Landed right at Sergio’s feet. Really good fun first half. Ocampos was everywhere.

So what the hell is Lopetegui trying to do with this lineup? It’s completely devoid of pace or quickness outside of the fullbacks. Fernando is playing so deep he’s basically a 3rd CB. Two of our front 3 basically need the ball put on the platter for them, but we can’t control possession or build through the midfield at all. Literally all the chance creation is falling on the fullbacks.

Jordan looks absolute class. Navas continues to be ageless. Reguilon was spectacular going forward. Ocampos is a good defensive winger.

4 Likes

Yes, lots off stuff to digest, Jordan looks better on the right side, but I’m left thinking our biggest investment, €24m, flawless pre-season, Koundé is sat on the bench. There’s a lot of things to wrap your head around but it’s 0-1. So let’s see what happens.

I thought the CBs were fine. Diego Carlos definitely looks like he might be a liability at times, kinda like Mercado, but at least he has some pace to cover himself and Carrico. Carrico’s still a rock and the best organizer we have, but he can’t play every match.

Ocampos yellow around the 49’ mark. I missed it so I’m not sure what happened.

How is that at a PK? There is no contact!

VAR actually got it right for a change.

2 Likes

Thank god for that!

Munir on for Ocampos - 60’ Ocampos was on a yellow and got pretty knocked up on several hard challenges.

2 Likes

Good change by Julen!

Nolito with a shot just wide…needed to keep coming inside a bit more before pulling off the vintage Nolito shot.