M31: Villarreal vs Sevilla [2019-20]

I want Iborra back

Somehow, we score through Escudero, but we are lamentable. Suso needs to disappear now, and 3 or 4 more are on the same list.

2 Likes

Get in! Escudero! What a beaut! Vamos!

1 Like

golazo by Escudero That’s more like it

2 Likes

Golazo

2 Likes

Says something though when our best attacking threats have come from both full backs lol

2 Likes

Out of the blue, Escudero does it! Really punished them, they were toying with their build up play there soo nonchalant

Jordan has been anonymous, En-Nesyri could do a lot better.

I haven’t seen Lopes on the camera, is he really on the pitch?

2 Likes

Heartbreaking time to concede! Good header though!

Sour half time break.

1 Like

Completely unmarked, why am I not surprised

1 Like

Issues all over the pitch. We can’t feed the forwards. Even when we do, it comes right back. Jordan keeps trying to outdo himself with how much he can lose the ball. If Banega wasn’t on the pitch, we’d be losing possession a lot more.

Óliver for Jordan. Ocampos/Munir for Rony. I’m sorry, but Lopes is done out here. Even if he were in his preferred right side, he’d be doing the same thing. Nothing.

2 Likes

Suso can only play when he can pair up with 2-3 players and a hold up striker. To move in and out of the centre. Otherwise its so static and he will start looking for 0.5% chance plays and random crosses. I credit him for working hard tho although it hasn´t been super usefull he is trying.

Rony Lopes, is absent as realistic mentioned. Shamefull. Although he isn´t all the blame. Him and suso are like players who value is erratic and only attacking wise. Nothing else. Which can make it look very bad if it doesn´t flow.

2 Likes

Lopes is fucking lazy and shouldn’t have a shirt anymore. He had a chance to save that corner, but he stood there watching it roll out. Pathetic. Not a Sevilla player.

1 Like

This team without Banega scares me.

2 Likes

What a fail, we had a clump of four players not marking anyone from the corner, it’s totally abysmal, lamentable and unforgivable. Caused by Kounde being played out of position, he and Diego Carlos can manage corners.

We can win this, how? long balls for En Neysiri and Ocampos in a 4-4-2, Rony is better in la cancha, as the pivot behind the front 2.

But it’s more likely we’ll turn to one of Lope’s systems with De Jong.

They’re taking the game to us while we should be taking the game to them.

1 Like

I wanna see el mudo tonight. He will do something Escudero just did.

Yeah lopes was the weak-link by far. He did nothing. If I was Lopetegui I’d sub him off at half time. Would sub Jordan off too. Not been effective at all.

We kept possession ok and created a couple of chances. However, still not enough going forward and I’m not impressed with vaclik again. He could have done better to prevent 1st goal.

Furthermore, I don’t agree with Lopetegui changing the defence around. Kounde and Carlos had built an understanding at centre back so why mess with that? That’s disrupted our defence as Gomez and Carlos are not used to playing together.

Hopefully the changes 2nd half will make a difference. Vamos!

1 Like

Yeah lets start with Gudelj for Jordan, that would increase our possesion by 7% and Ocampos for Rony so we have 11 players on the pitch.

1 Like

Lope responds with Ocampos for Suso, Munir for Rony and Navas back at right back (right wing even)

2 Likes