M25: Getafe v Sevilla [2019-20]

CB for winger with 20 minutes. FFS.

Kounde 0-3!!! I told you it would be 3 to us. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Soria showing exactly why we let him go, useless twat.

1 Like

Weirdest performance.

1 Like

Make it rain boys, been a long dry period!

2 Likes

Kounde may be our best striker.

3 Likes

Massive win! Huge win for Lopetegui. Will save him. However, you see what happens when you keep attacking Julen. You get your rewards! Great goal by Kounde! We free flowing lol

3 Likes

Great win in a defensive match. JLo just save his life, not sure if it’s good thing.

3 Likes

That’s the thing. If this is the way forward and Lopetegui starts to be more positive and learn from his mistakes. Then great. If it’s just a one off then it’s not a good thing long term!

3 Likes

Terrific performance. I don’t even think Getafe had a decent chance at goal. We beat them at their own game.

Finally Lopetegui does the sensible thing. Finally he wins a big match. Finally we keep a clean sheet. Finally a big goal margin. Finally.

5 Likes

Fantastic win. We looked much more offensive and good to watch. The big question is, is this the new way forward or just a one off? We will find out but I hope it’s the former.

If Lopetegui wants to keep his job, he needs to keep watching the video of this match and follow this blueprint. We were solid and started well. Difference here compared to previous games was when we scored, we kept attacking and went for their throat. Much better and got awards.

Kounde was excellent. Jordan and Fernando were immense in midfield. De Jong and Ocampos were good. We fought well and showed quality in final third. We will see what happens next. Can never predict with us.

1 Like

I think it also shows Getafe is basically up there, because a lot of teams are underperforming. Not that Getafe is that great, better then average and Yes they can be a pain in the ass for teams like Ajax who can´t handle the irritation and dueling, Which we can do fine. Or even like to do ourselves lmao. Not blown away by the type of goals but i´m glad with the result as its helping us to stay up there. Lope´s deathbed extends.

3 Likes

Happy that we won and took the 3 points with a nice performance, especially in the second half - we annihilated Getafe.

However, we’re too reliant on Ocampos and luck, and we saw how that turned out in previous matches. I hope this is a spark and a start for better things to come, but I highly doubt it.

Lope has probably bought himself a couple of months at least, could be until the end of the season, especially if we qualify vs. Cluj (which btw should never have been a problem at first).

I still believe that a better manager could make this team play much much better and more consistently so.

Things to note: Kounde’s forward runs were key in the second half!

4 Likes

An impressive win today. We outplayed Getafe in the second half and were good value for what are a massive three points. That is how we can play.
We have a good squad, Lope just has to allow them to play with the freedom and in the attacking way we did today. Hopefully the start of a revival and not a one off and he can secure us the top 4 spot and a good Europa League run (hopefully winning it again)!

7 Likes

We needed this result to get some confidence back. You saw what it meant to the players after the 2nd goal was confirmed and they ran to celebrate with the fans.
Maybe, just maybe we have got our mojo back.

5 Likes

Couldn’t watch the match but from the comments you guys made it was probably a colossus of a performance. Getafe were probably tired so they rested Mata and Lope sent out the same eleven who won with grit and determination.

Was it Lope making a gamble or the players putting in a shift? We’ll see how the season unfolds from this game onwards but Monchi and Castro will feel vindicated and bar a meltdown of Montella-like proportions Lope will probably be here until the end of the season. Would that torpedo the season? Again only time will tell. I expect nothing less than a top four finish, the club needs to get back into the UCL group stages at the very least.

Oh, and @SurreySevilla , I too put a moderate amount on Getafe winning so you’re not the only one who lost cash on this :sweat_smile:, Roma and PSG saved my blushes though.

5 Likes