M19: Sevilla v Athletic Club [2019-20]

Fernando Claims another Victim, Williams out.

Vamoooos this is how we wanna see it!

1 Like

True we not quite as entertaining as we have been in past!

Ahaha the assistant coach got red carded, probably called out the ref, and the assisant ref overheard it. Was almost afraid Mudo was gonna get the card lol.

1 Like

3 Instances, where Carlos shows tremendous defending, without making fouls. Good shit Diego.

3 Likes

1-1. Iā€™ll take it!

1 Like

Nah Mark, this is unacceptable. We canā€™t just be ok with starting games poorly and settling for a point. We should have won this in the 2nd half.

De Jong was only a factor for the first 10 minutes, and missed a sitter. Had NuƱez not scored in his own net, Luuk prolly woulda missed that chance too! And heā€™s weak, canā€™t recall how many times he got pushed around that whole half. Heā€™ll win headers in midfield, but inside the box, heā€™s a non-factor. Iā€™m tired.

1 Like

I only think Escudero didnā€™t start is because he isnā€™t at 100%. Made no sense to play Kounde there.

Ofcourse, it is a loss of 2 valuable home points against a close rival. But looking at the difference in Mentality im glad that it looked more like a Sevilla that is confident to play up the field, dares to take a risk and believes in defensive skill like Diego Carlos, KoundƩ
or Fernando showed to dismantle their attacks. This change alone, made me more glad, than those slowed down games with a touch of luck from a corner, penalty, ref decision that made us win. I feel like we havenĀ“t forced any solid pressure play in 10 games straight. Not saying it was amazing, but relatively to what we came from, IĀ“m glad we showed some spirit again. especially between 60-75th minute.

2 Likes

Glad we didnā€™t lose that. :pray:t2::pray:t2::pray:t2:

Yeah itā€™s another missed chance and another slip up at home. We arenā€™t positive enough at home and lacking the quality in the final 3rd.

We are better away from home. Itā€™s so strange to say that about a Sevilla team but itā€™s true this time. Under Lopetegui and with these players we set up better away from home to absorb the pressure and counter teams.

Unfortunately at home we donā€™t dominate games and we leave it to late at times to either win the match, save a point or win by a comfortable margin. We have to improve but will only happen if we buy better attacking players and also Lopetegui needs to be more positive at home.

On away form so far heā€™s arguably the best manager we had in sometime. However, at home heā€™s one of the poorer managers we had. There is still lots to be hopeful for but realistically the top 4 is gonna be tough. Despite our encouraging first half to season we could only be 1 point into their top 4 by end of results this weekend.

Just watched the highlights, that goal was so piss poor and weak defending. De Jong looked like he put himself about a bit though and caused Athletic to have to think.

A disappointing point? Perhaps! But a point is better than none so we just have to prepare for the next game now. It must be difficult for Lopetegui as Iā€™m not convinced he is 100% sure of his best 11 still, mainly because so many players seem to lurch from being fantastic one week, to bang average the next. As long as we finish top four this season I would say it has been a productive season, third would of course be the preference as that is making a statement.

2 Likes

Why canā€™t things be easy!

I believe last night showed how we are lacking that one striker. De Jong came on an made a diffence but lacked that cutting edge I think we desire. Maybe he is still adjusting to life in Spain. Even when we signed him, I felt it was an odd choice. Just not the type of player I felt we needed. I genuinely believe we will sign a new striker this month because why else would you have 3 strikers in your squad and none of them start a winnable game. Munir did better wider and isnā€™t a central striker for me

2 Likes

Glad that they scored that own goal as the ball was coming to De Jong and he wouldnā€™t have scored. Because he is a total amateur footballer that simply doesnā€™t know how to score and he plays as a striker for Sevilla. Not even funny!

2 Likes