M17: Sevilla v Villarreal [2019-20]

De Jong goes off and we manage to score. Coincidence?

Vamos Munir!!! Let’s get this win!

2 Likes

Munir should be our FT striker. Just bench em all and play him.

We playing very well! Need to make it count!

Fair play to them! Good goal!

Sickener for us!

Why the hell is Banega off? We look like a different team without him. No attack.

1 Like

Disappointing for us! However, can’t begrudge Villarreal the win. We weren’t good enough overall

1 Like

If we want to save the season, sack stupid Lopetegui and sell pathetic Chicharito, De Jong and Rony Lopes (not that he’s playing, just don’t pay him a salary while doing nothing and he’s shit as well). Bring proper replacements = success.

He’s our only effective striker, sadly.

If Lopetegui still ends up finishing the season in 3rd, all this bullshit is forgiven.

We missed Ocampos big time today. Will be glad to have him back. I think things caught up with us today. We been getting through games with narrow wins and draws. This result was waiting to happen.

It’s a reality check off where we are, to be in 3rd is over achieving. At best we can aim for 4th but it’s not gonna be easy to achieve unless we find a way to score more goals.

We can’t keep relying on the defence is it cracked today and we didn’t have enough quality up front to counter it. To be fair we played well 2nd half overall but an awful first half cost us in the end.

2 Likes

He has only the other teams below us that are performing terribly to thank. Otherwise, a decent coach would’ve seriously challenged for the title with the players that we have. We don’t have a weak squad, rather a weak coach which makes it impossible for the team to perform well. He still doesn’t have a standard best 11 and it takes ages for him to make a sub when clearly nothing is going right. The moment we stopped with the hoofs and crosses (that never reached our players in the first half, countless crosses and corners = 0 result), we scored. Then of course the defense was sleeping in both the goals we conceded, but with a proper attacking strategy, we could’ve won this one as Villarreal were there for the taking.

1 Like

Couldn´t watch the game tonight, but no surprise at all. Weeks in advance I said the same, and it was just lucky us getting away with the same stuff and we stay somewhat content because the results got our way. but it wasn´t looking good for last months. Not sure how bad it was tonight, but yeh lets see how we recover.

3 Likes

I don’t see us ending 4th once Atletico and other teams like Bilbao, Valencia and Sociedad wake up to seriously go for the 3rd and 4th, and they will - while we’ll only decline with this coach and this kind of toothless performance.

1 Like

Ocampos though is our best player this season and a huge blow, we missed him a lot - however, relying on 1 player to create chances and score goals is never wise.

3 Likes

I agree it’s a pity. With this squad we could do great things. However, once again it could end in the usual disappointment of 5th or 6th place if we don’t sort it out.

I think Lope wants to prove that De Jong can score a header. Poor guy Navas got exhausted to cross to him all night long.

1 Like

De Jong just can’t cut it in a top League. It is one thing to be a target man, but the rest of his game is so basic.

Look at someone like Wout Weghorst at Wolfsburg who is also a Target Man, he offers so much more to the team, he can hold the ball up, play others in, make runs in the box, shoot, and he can defend from the front.

De Jong was awful for Newcastle too. Being able to do it in the Dutch League isn’t exactly a ringing endorsement for a decent striker I am afraid.

3 Likes

Who was marking Ekambi for the winner??? :flushed::flushed::flushed: The guy was unmarked, nearest Sevilla player was about 15 yards away from him, absolutely abysmal.

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: January 2020 Transfer Targets and Rumours