M15: Sevilla v Leganés [2019-20]

START TIME
Sunday, December 1st, 2019
600 EST / 1200 CET / 2200 AEST

After repeated primetime kickoffs, the schedule gets flipped on its head with an early start. Credit has started to be given to Lopetegui on his exploits with this new squad. But as we’ve seen with previous Sevilla teams, once we get a taste of a title pursuit, our cool and calm vanish without a trace. Julen has instilled some strong defensive habits that has helped us secure wins. How will he sustain this run with crucial team members missing?

Fernando suffered a groin injury in training, and was left out the squad. There is also doubt with Navas after being subbed off in the final minutes at Valladolid. Ocampos will serve the first of his 3-game suspension, so the likes of Dabbur & Bryan have been added to the squad.

Projected XI: Vaclík; Navas, Kounde, Carlos, Reguilón; Gudelj, Jordán, Banega; Munir, De Jong, Nolito.

Although they sit bottom, Leganés still has lethal players in attack in Brathwaite & En-Nesyri. We succumbed 0-3 to them last year, and with a new coach in charge, they may just believe in such a triumph.

While on our side, no Ocampos in the squad will serve as an unsuspected test. How much will Lopetegui change in order to improve an attack already lacking in goals?

¡Vamos chicos!
#WeAreSevilla

2 Likes

Tricky game. Hope the squad can pass this test!

Starting XI.

1 Like

We struggling to break them down! We gonna have to be patient here as they are well organised. We were unlucky with the offside goal but we need to do more going forward.

De Jong, trash. Nolito, trash. Of course Lope puts in an extra midfielder where a winger/attacker should be. Our buildup sucks with Jordán in the pivot. Did i mention Luuk was trash?

Jeez, this is what i wake up for? :pensive:

1 Like

All is not lost yet. I think Lopetegui needs to look to his bench quick though. He has players on there that can offer more going forward to help us win this one. Early changes are essential, hopefully lope doesn’t leave it to late.

Controlling the possesion for about 70-30. Don´t think Leganes is that organized actually, I feel its mostly on our part. Didn´t see them against Barça but they look pretty lackluster, so I can´t say I don´t understand their last place. Would be a shame if we can´t make something happen here. The backheel chance , from de Jong i can´t blame. Just shows he´s not the player that pulls that off cleanly, which we know already. Then again the one on one shot, needs to be better. Reguilon also very messy again, was more impressed with him at the start of the season but yeh a player can have some dips and downs. Let´s see. Im still confident, 2nd half, vamooos mi sevillaa

2 Likes

We got very lucky just there!

Jezus… miracle we´re not 0-1 down to start the second half of with…

1 Like

Phew! Hopefully it’s the wake up call we need.

1 Like

We are so sloppy, mistake after mistake!

Sick half bicycle kick from En Nesyri, should have been 0-2 to be honest.

So Gudelj is gonna come on, curious for who. Nolito or Torres maybe. Okay Torres it is. Classic Lope

Meanwhile Leganes cutting through the defense again lol, such weak finishing. 3rd great chance for them.

Nolito off Bryan gill on

Goallll!! Carlos!!! We are lucky but don’t care! Lol

Central defensive duo, most effective of the game haha. Koundé with a bycicle kick this time, questionable execution however their GK can´t handle it. Diego Carlos with the quick reaction putting it in! So increidibly lucky, hope everyone realizes.

2 Likes

Wanted to see more of Ronny Lopes… Just notice he´s not in the squad.

1 Like

The goal give us a big boost we controlled game better since!

Play Koundé up front! What skills he’s got and great attacking threat haha!

4 Likes