Leganes Chat

We will be facing Leganes next, a very tough match against a team that plays very well when away. Out of their tough matches, they have held Atletico Madrid to a goalless draw at home, a match the second half of which I happened to watch and damn, they are very good defensively. Then it is also beating Bilbao at home 1-0. So we are basically the third tough match for them so far this season, and they will be at their best while trying to take a point or win the whole match why not, if we won’t be 100% focused.

Would have been great to have Ganso for this one, but he hasn’t recovered from that knock vs. Cartagena and along with Mercado, will definitely not be on the list for tomorrow.

Berizzo also gave signals that Soria could start, so let’s see.

I’d go with:

Soria

Corchia - Kjaer - Lenglet - Escudero

Pizarro/MKD   -  Banega

Mudo/MKD

Navas Correa

Muriel/WBY
1 Like

In other news, we are being linked with a return of Aleix Vidal in January. Also, Jovetic is still in sight for January to have him on loan or similar as he’s not getting minutes in Monaco. The January transfer window will be both interesting and decisive for us.

1 Like

Jovetic is clearly the more intriguing option of the two of them. Although I have to think Montoya is out the door on January 1st if he can’t even get time in the Copa. So maybe we go for another South American player with his international spot.

1 Like

Vamos sevilla! Let’s hope for 3 vital points tonight. That will catapult us up the table and give us confidence for Moscow midweek!

I am also feeling a lot better guys. Still in hospital but hopefully shouldn’t be long before I going home

3 Likes

Glad to hear you’re feeling better, didn’t realise you were still in hospital.

Hope the nurses are attractive at least.

1 Like

I’m not too hopeful, I think we’ve disintegrated somewhat, not a team, no captain, just a bunch of talent doing robotic things hoping that the ball will enter their goal more than ours. High time that Banega acted like a captain.

Ganso and Nzonzi have entered the list of convocados, Ganso has to play, I’d even give him a free role. he’s got eyes in the back of his head, I want to see him on the edge of the box with those back heels, touches and slices.

Soria
Corchia-Kjaer-Lenglet-Escudero
Guido-Nzonzi
Sarabia-MKD-Tucu
WBY

1 Like

Doesn’t look bad. Nice to see N’Zonzi back in the lineup, though I doubt he’s 100% for this one and probably should’ve been fielded later on in the second half. The ankle is a very complex joint and its injury can take a long time to heal and feel 100% even with mild sprains.

Anyway, hoping for a good result tonight and that the players really reflect after a dreadful previous week.

Also glad that Soria is starting, hope it continues like this.

VAMOS MI SEVILLA!!! VAMOS CAMPEON!!!

Can’t complain at the back 4 (with the injuries), but Escudero has been below level for a few weeks. Good to see Soria there. And I doubt this is a game for Muriel but then again he has to get time on the field or he’ll never fit in Spanish football.

What’s wrong with Banega?

Looking at the Bench, it’s clear that we’re reserving players for Tuesday. Bit of a crap lineup, no creation there.

so… bein sports sucks. again game not on… sigh.

Vamos sevilla! Big Ben!

Sorry Rene, Bein sports is OK here otherwise there would be a riot, syndicated for USA so it’s hobsons choice what goes out.I suppose.

He may waste some chances, but at least he scores.

Yeh, anyhowz it’s 1-0 Sarabia to WBY. I loved the way he took the extra touches to position the goal.

MKD should not be playing CAM. Sarabia, Mudo, Banega and even Ganso are better options there

1 Like

Looks a little like we are over powering them without being at our best, the balls to Escudero are null, nothing, he needs a different style of game with rapid counters. So far so good but Correa looks out, enter Nolito.

1 Like

I like the 2 defensive midfield, but we need a bit of creation in front. Ganso, in other words.

1 Like

45 +1

1-0

Leganes don’t have much to offer. What should we do, settle for 1-0 or go for goals?
(Chanpions league Tuesday)

1 Like