January Transfer Rumors

I read from a fan account on instagram that Munir has a 90M release clause, maybe the board are convinced they’ve found the next hazard or something.

The account also stated it is the second highest at the club, which begs the question who is (worthy) of being the first, I don’t remember Promes having such a high figure so who would it be.

After these two signings no new names have popped up, I read that Adrien Silva is looking for a way out from Leicester City and this is believable given he has played even less than Iborra, could we inquire about him? A loan would be nice and he sort of an all-action midfielder. Could be handy

I think Promes has 150M clause

Sevilla have completed the signing of defender Maximilian Wober from Dutch giants Ajax for €10.5m, it has been confirmed.

Arana on the move?
Sevilla full-back Guilherme Arana could be set for a return to Brazilian football this month just one year after moving to Spain, report Marca.
Brazilian club Santos, who are currently coached by former Sevilla boss Jorge Sampaoli, are said to be the frontrunners for his signature.

Shame really if he goes, I don’t think he’s shown his best for us.

I don’t think i’ve ever seen a non-threatning Brazilian fullback in my life. Isn’t the prototype a highly offensive player that has issues tracking back? From what i’ve seen, Arana is at least a decent crosser, which is kinda rare these days. But i haven’t seen anything else from him worth all that hype from 2 summers ago. Defensively, he at least follows instructions, but is still shocking.

Does this mean another Munir-type deal for Moreno? Contract expires in the summer.

1 Like

He was lauded as the new Roberto Carlos when he arrived. Not seen much of that so far although I would still rather have him than Moreno.

1 Like

I think Moreno would relish this role. But i remember thinking the same thing about both Arana & Aleix.

LWB is so distinct from LB so we could go for a totally different profile of player. There’s also Laxalt at Milan & Lukaku at Lazio who aren’t getting the minutes that can do some good here.

1 Like

Arana not included in the 18-man squad for tomorrow. :eyes:

He’s not the prototype of a Brazillian player. Perhaps his mother has a secret.

2 Likes

LWB is another reality entirely for any player accustomed to left-back, Escudero has done well to accommodate to the requirements of that position but getting a back up is tricky. Moreno started a winger so I’m really not sure if he is what we want.

Lukaku was a steady starter for Lazio in the past 2 seasons but has only played 6 times for them this season so a bid may be feasible. Other possible players are Laxalt, Ricardo Rodriguez and Alex Berenguer.

If we’re looking for reunions how about Antonio Luna? He’s 27 and has only played 5 times for Levante this season, his price would be more than affordable.

Looks like Dabbur from RB Salzburg might come in the summer. Not sure what that means for Silva.

1 Like

For 15 million it looks like we got a freaking steal! 20 goals and 6 assists in 30 games this season. 29 and 11 last season in 55.

Austrian league can’t get any weaker… but Salzburg did well on last year’s EL too, reaching the semis.

This could be a prevention in case of Silva’s departure.

Munir and Moanes… not quite promising but time will tell.

Obviously we can’t keep Silva for next season, so I think this is really really good signing

I hate it when politics and religion come into football but here we go … Salah saying he would leave liverpool if they signed Dabbur, although it looks like Sevilla is his real destination.

1 Like

Woulda been nice having Dabbur now, but not bad of a discounted price of €15M rather than €25M. It doesn’t mean the end for Silva though. Machín just wants another target man. Silva-WBY-Dabbur-Munir for next season. Islam Slimani’s name has been brought up as a stand-in till the summer.

Arana is certainly outta here, but there hasn’t been much said about his replacement. I’m satisfied that’s it’s actually being addressed.

Lastly, Marko Rog should come in after the weekend’s fixtures. It’s been a really slow moving transfer, but both parties might finally agree on a loan + €15M option. Still unsure whether it’s obligatory or not.

Marko Rog was excluded from the matchday squad vs Milan tomorrow. First tangible sign that he could be on the move.

Rumors are we’re back for Martial, not sure how he would fit in and why he would come given his confirmed starter status now but I’d have him in a heartbeat.

And Amadou has been linked to leaving the club for England, no way in hell are we letting our only midfield defensive presence leave, just play him more already.

I think we need to sign another doctor and a physio.

3 Likes

Would love to get Rossillon at LWB from Wolfsburg

1 Like

Marko Rog update: for the umpteenth time, he’s very, very, very close. They want him ready for the match vs Barça on Wednesday. Apparently the option to buy will be €22M. Not sure what to think of that price, but Napoli want to protect their investment. For a CM worth €22M, i’d expect a lot from him. Seems to be an all-round CM (can probably compare to Brozovic), and just the type we’re missing.