January possible ins and outs

You really think three are coming? I would think MKD and Ganso will get loaned somewhere. I don’t think we will sign three. I can’t foresee getting rid of WBY in January with the goal tally he has. That would be a mistake.

I did. But Monchi has refused the offer for Dzeko according to ABC (does he call the shots in Roma?).

It’s still possible but might be players we hadn’t considered.

Regarding WBY, he has a couple of clubs chatting him up.

Only 5 days to go until the January window close and there’s still no sight of any signings/loans… extremely worrying.

There’s a huge obstacle in Mesa’s arrival as it seems, with the President of Las Palmas trying to activate the buy-back clause. Were our management not aware of this clause? How can you agree on terms with a player, who can literally be purchased by another club whenever they want to. Is our management this stupid?

I wouldn’t be surprised if we end up signing some mediocre player like Lazar Markovic and call it a night for this window. This is absolutely ridiculous.

We clearly need reinforcements in at least 3 departments, and still nothing is moving.

Finally, good news. The President of Las Palmas just announced that he discussed with Mesa and he was told not to exercise the buy-back option. Mesa wants to play for Sevilla and hopefully the deal will be closed asap so he can at least make it for the match vs. Eibar next Saturday.

2 Likes

Rumors that Tigres (Mexican team) wants Pizzaro. Thoughts on selling him?

1 Like

No that’s nuts. Same with selling Ben Yedder. Probably the two most important substitutes on the team (WBY should be a starter)

1 Like

It shouldn’t happen.

If we get Roque Mesa, Pizzaro can go for me, his only contribution so far has been the goal against Liverpool. Thank you and goodbye.

Why are we heavily insisting in loaning Batshuayi? The loan will be without a purchase option, similar to Nasri’s deal. However, the worst thing is that he will not be able to play in CL.

He will of course try to score lots of goals because his place in the Belgium NT will be at stake for the upcoming World Cup, however, in an investment point of view and future perspective, it would’ve been way way better if we’ve signed Sandro or loaned him WITH a purchasing option.

He is young and can adapt quickly in La Liga since he did extremely well with Malaga last season. He can also play in CL and might be a very strong asset for the long run.

Why are we only focusing on short-term… Batshuayi cannot get us the 4th place if Valencia or Atletico or RM do not totally drop out of form and gift us the 4th.

I’d keep him, I expect N’zonzi to leave in the summer and we need more bodies in the midfield. PIzarro may not be total dynamo but he can bring the ball out and pass it well. selling him and WBY in January is just nuts.

1 Like

Loaning them out might be a temporary solution, but without purchase options. Losing them would definitely be silly at this point.

Roque Mesa arriving in Sevilla today and will undergo a medical tomorrow before signing on loan with the option to buy at the end of the season.

3 Likes

Batshuayi just scored 2 goals for Chelsea setting the HT result at 2-0 vs. Newcastle for the FA Cup.

After this, I highly doubt they will let him go, especially with Morata being off form and after being unable to sign Dzeko from Roma.

I’d still like to have Sandro with a purchase option instead of Batshuayi and Sturridge without purchase options.

1 Like

I agree.

Yeah looks like PIzzaro wants to go on loan so he can increase his chance of playing in the WC.

MKD to Depor confirmed today!

All the best Michael, you gave us some memorable moments!

3 Likes

But still need to keep hold of Nzoni, he has been solid player for us, and compliments the style we are playing now with Montella, as he did for Sampaoli. His movement, pass completion and general awareness will compliment any team, and he will drop into the back line and fill the gap when fb’s push up on the attack and also is very good at split marking and directing others into position. His movement around the pitch has been a major factor why Banega has been outstanding and why he can then take up positions around the pitch to support the counter attack.
A position that does need to be filled imo is the role Vazquez currently takes, he’s too hot & cold and when he is cold is is a liability.

4 Likes

Miguel Layún defender from Porto set to sign later today after being chased by Betis.
He’s 29 and can play left or right defence or midfield. Holds Mexican nationality but has a Spanish passport due to his Spanish grandfather.
It will be a loan until the end of the season with purchase option.

1 Like

Not bad, but as far as I remember Layun mostly plays at LB. What’s with this LB addiction?

Hopefully he will be comfortable enough as to contribute a lot at RB and we end up signing him in the Summer.

1 Like

According to this article we have snatched this one from :poop: at the last moment!

Also, it says he will provide competition for Corchia at RB