January 2020 Transfer Targets and Rumours

We still have Carrico until end of season right? Assuming he ever recovers well enough to play.

How much say does the manager actually have in transfers. Does monchi buy who he wants and the manager has to work with it.

I didn’t even realise Carrico was THAT badly injured?

I thought Genaro was a DMC rather than a Centre Back?

I feel like it varies per club. There is the whole scouting network with Monchi at the end. And I think in accordance with the current Trainer, who says I need a player with traits as this, that and that. And then Monchi delivers but if the trainer has a player in mind, im pretty sure they will talk about it. Think it works from both ways.
Except for some clubs, where a manager can just demand, I want Eriksen. You bring him in. Period.

1 Like

I reckon so, Carrico was pretty smashed up in the past two seasons but was a starter for Lope and played decently, anchoring the backline. He is Sevilla’s most solid defender and most experienced member of the squad excluding Navas, having been here since 2013. Didn’t really want him to go as Kjaer is probably a dead horse and Gnangnon isn’t really lighting up Ligue 1.

As Enrico says I think it works both ways. I remember Emery really pushing for Llorente in his last season here despite everyone on the planet and their dog not seeing how the club and player would benefit from each other. Monchi didn’t have Llorente in his plans either but on Emery’s insistence he managed to talk a buyout with Juventus. Llorente then became a round peg in a square hole that season, with a mammoth 7 goals in 36 appearances to show for it.

Oh and speaking of Emery
Sevilla: Emery emerges as favourite to succeed Lopetegui

Which is a bit of a shame as Llorente has always been a striker I have rated. Or Bovingdon-Whore as my mate and I used to call him. :sweat_smile:

Same as with any other job, - you either know what you want (at least somewhat) and go through a recruitment process to see who fits best, or you just have someone in mind who you think will do the best job at that role.

I would be ok with Emery coming back - only with the hope that the 2015-16 away drought doesn’t happen again.

2 Likes

Carlos Fernandez with another last minute goal for Granada to win the match for them vs. Valladolid at home.

Can we simply change the loan deal by swapping him with De Jong or Munir?

1 Like

I said it didn’t I? Beginning of the season, keep Carlos Fernandez! :roll_eyes:

1 Like

The most annoying thing for me is SFC were all about the Cantera when I first started to follow them, but even anyone half decent we just seem to bin them off or send them out on loan.

I would much rather see the likes of Bryan Gil, Pozo, and Carlos Fernandez in our team proving their worth rather than wasting money for the sake of it.

2 Likes

We need a proper RB. I don’t know what it is with teams of mine but Crystal Palace haven’t replaced Aaron Wan-Bissaka since we sold him last Summer. Navas is a winger end of.

1 Like

Definitely. They at least have much more heart than a lot of ‘mercenaries’.

Same here, I know the quality of Cantera might have fallen a bit in the last few years but seeing Carlos Fernandez do well in La Liga makes me think why can’t he be given a chance here. Jose Campana is only 26/27 and the club should try and get him back, there’s also Luis Alberto who I’ve been championing for the last 2 transfer windows.

1 Like

I was so excited when Palace signed him. Unfortunately I think he was too young at the time and wasn’t cut out for it. Good to see he is doing well now though.

Carrico to Wuhan official. Last connection to the Europa League run. He was ever present for the first two wins. DM for the first, and arguably our most consistent player the entire season for the 2nd.

Gracias Dani.

3 Likes

Seems weird that we are letting him walk now though right?

I was unsure if he was going now or in the Summer, if now then we have left our squad rather thin, basically Kounde, Carlos and Gomez (who we wanted out in the Summer) as the only true Centre Backs. :thinking:

With Banega certain to leave and Mudo likely to leave we need to rebuild the midfield. Only Jordan and Torres have a long term future there, Gudelj can put in a shift but I don’t trust him as a long term starter and Fernando is a warrior but nearing 33.

No real rumors here but Yangel Herrera has caught my eye at Granada, gave 2 assists last night versus Osasuna. He is comfortable playing in a double pivot, can do a bit of everything and at 22 still has room to grow. He is on loan from Man City and no offense to his talents but would find it hard to see the pitch into a squad which has Rodri, Bernardo Silva, Gundogan and KDB. If the club put in a decent amount Man C may let him go.

1 Like