Champions League Play-Off Second Leg (vs. Basaksehir)

No chance - we are dominating.

oh shit spoke too soon

damn you chris… 2-2? still just need to hold on?

yeah 2-2; just can’t let them score - or we get one back.

heart racing and im not even watching the damn game.

It’s crazy to think that Sarabia is our 4th choice winger right now.

Montoya on for Jesus Navas.

The goal shouldn’t have counted as they were offside. Just barely, but clearly offside.

is it pouring there?

No rain that I see.

odd. pic on estadiodeportivo makes it look wet. but cant really tell, its grainy

Nope - field is eat up though. FK at top of the box for IB. Nervous moments here for Sevilla.

Hits the post. oh my god lucky.

Sarabia on for Banega

That’s it. We are through, by the slimmest of margins. Wow what a game.

holy crap. thank god. i had to walk away from my desk…

that is MAJOR. of course we all expected it. but if we hadn’t made it through it could have really destroyed the team with long term repercussions.

major exhale.

congrats!

Phew!!! Thank god for that. We played a great match but they were pretty good too. A great game and just glad we sneaked through!

Yeah it was vital we won it. As it sets the tone for the season and our team, new players and new manager!

We did it though! Vital win and now we can focus on la liga for a while!

Why can’t we ever have a game without drama till the end? Watched the last 10 mins and would be better off not watching at all. That Emre shot in the end almost ended in a heart attack. We really like to complicate things.

Will need to watch the full match again later. Still good that we qualified though. Hoping for an easy group or we will get back to our beloved EL if it continues like this.

We truly dominated the game, every opportunity (except the last FK) they capitalized on while we failed on most of ours. I came away with an excited feeling knowing that when these guys gain the confidence of putting the ball in the net, we will be really really good.

Watched the full match again today on tv, the overall feeling is we didn’t do that bad, but the defense is very very fragile. I mean, for someone of Adebayor’s age to mess around with the defense in that way, and for someone like Visca to contain both Correa (except the first goal run) and Nolito almost the entire time… something is not going right.

I felt that tactically they were more prepared for this. Now of course, if we had capitalized on the couple of chances that we had as Chris mentioned, it would’ve been an easier night, but still, we just looked tired out there. The guys from Istanbul looked fresher, and I don’t know how that could be, considering that we rested everyone par N’Zonzi and Lenglet on Saturday, and still couldn’t win both of these matches.

Not a performance that gives a lot of confidence for the group stages, however, it’s still early on and the season really starts right after the international break, after the away match vs. Getafe. It would be good to win that one but not quite optimistic about that.

Can’t really know what to expect from this team. Hopefully we’ll at least complete the squad with the CL money now, meaning signing Jojo and Masina, while another DM wouldn’t hurt, especially if it is Marcos Llorente or a similar type of player.