Atletico Madrid away – 1st leg - Copa del Rey Quarter Final

walked away for 30 seconds and missed it!

1 Like

Walk away for another 30 seconds in about 6 minutes time :wink:

2 Likes

will do!

2 Likes

No, just keep walking away for 30 seconds

Godin went through Corchia there. Deliberate. Animals

2 Likes

Toma por culo

Correa 1-2

1 Like

Incredible!!!

2 Likes

aaaahhhhh!!!

2 Likes

Close it up Sevilla, I want to see players down pretending to be injured.

3 Likes

That should help, 1-2 final

Guess we’re back to Dicen que nunca se rinde again.

Oh, and LOL Vitolo.

3 Likes

This is Sevilla, ladies and gentlemen!

I hope this wasn’t a one-off wonder and similar performances will continue.

Things to note: Mercado way better at CB than at RB. The defensive fix would be, Mercado starting alongside Lenglet as CB pair, Kjaer on the bench. Corchia is very prone to injury as his knee ligaments are very weak (so I read), therefore we need a new RB urgently (hopefully Vidal, but even Hugo Mallo would do).

In overall, all the players played with heart… this is what Sevilla is about. So, at this point, we now know that we have the quality, we just lack the will/passion and the right direction. Hopefully the right direction is coming with Montella, but he can’t do anything if there is a lack of commitment within the players.

It seems that, after all, there is a tiny light in the end of the tunnel after tonight.

VAMOS MI SEVILLA!!! VAMOS CAMPEON!!!

2 Likes

That kind of happened to us in Orlando too, minus N’Zonzi, Kono and I think that was it.

1 Like

How do we lose Costa on the back post more than once a game? That was shameful.

I didn’t see much in the first half because Bein Sports’ app is terrible. Finally said f it and signed up for SlingTV just so I don’t have to mess with Bein’s app anymore.

1 Like

Pareja and Mudo as well.

Wow! I didn’t see that one coming at all. My preview was all a bit doom and gloom, but I reckon not even the most optimistic Sevillista would have seen us walk away from there with a 2-1 lead into the 2nd leg.

Few thoughts… just how much of a thug team are Atletico? I didn’t catch who did it, but that tackle on Muriel in the first half ripped a hole in his sock. Lucky for Muriel it was not a lot worse. Not sure why he insists on wearing the absolute minimal shin protection required either.

Diego Costa is the ultimate bad guy, whilst Diego Godin put in a good super villain display too when asking the ref for a handball in the box on Lenglet when it was him who handled it, and him only! It was just one small refelection of a coach like Simeone’s mentality. They are honestly like a squad made up of prison inmates who have been let out on day release.

So glad we did them playing football, and what a finish by Correa to get the 2nd goal. That will do his, and the rest of the guys’ confidence the world of good. Now we just have to do a professional job on them next week, play them at their own game if we have to.

Same again for our next Liga match too, an early Saturday kick off away to Español - it will be tough, but with the same character and team spirit anything is possible.

2 Likes

I like Kjaer as a footballer, but we were so much more solid without him tonight!

Sergio Rico had a better game, although he still looks a little bit short of confidence with his handling and distribution.

2 Likes

They were thugs before Simeone arrived but with him as trainer it could only get worse. The thing that changed was that the referees stopped being quite so quick with the yellow cards, they have a free pass to bite ankles and tackle from behind.

It was Mercado who lost Costa for the Atletico goal.but otherwise he was perfect.

Correa is my hope for this squad. If he plays well and others in the centre field then Sevilla play well.

Partidazo by Sergio Escudero, Muriel showed some very high quality touches (but no goals).

Ben Yedder, by definition, is our best player.

Sarabia disappointing again.

Montella has work to do, and I look forward to seeing some Italian thinking in our style.

2 Likes

Great win! A surprise but great boost for the team and fans. We are a great cup team and we proved it again tonight!

Hopefully we can finish it off in 2nd leg. A win at atletico will hopefully give the team more belief!

4 Likes

That was more like the Sevilla that we want to see, need to see. With Passion, pride and fighting for the ball.
Play like that and I’m not too upset even if we lose. I just hope we can keep it up, we looked a different team tonight from the start. Please Montello stick to this same line up with just the one exception.

Ben Yedder. has to start instead of Muriel.

2 Likes