A Look at the Sevilla FC Players in the World Cup 2018

Well most of the rosters have been announced for the World Cup and Sevilla has quite a few current and former players in the squads.

Current Players:
N’Zonzi - France
Wissam Ben Yedder - France Reserves
Simon Kjaer - Denmark
Gabriel Mercado - Argentina
Ever Banega - Argentina
Guido Pizarro - Argentina
Luis Fernando Muriel - Columbia
Miguel Layun - Mexico

Former Players:
Martin Caceres - Uruguay
Beto - Portugal
Michael Krohn-Dehli - Denmark
Federico Fazio - Argentina
Diego Perotti - Argentina
Ivan Rakitic - Croatia
Carlos Bacca - Columbia
Adil Rami - France
Bernardo Espinosa - Columbia
Denis Cheryshev - Russia

Did I miss anyone?

2 Likes

Glad Nzonzi made it. He really deserved it.

You missed Ramos.

Krychowiak - Poland

Bernardo Espinosa - Colombia

Miguel Layun - Mexico

1 Like

Aspas could enter the Spanish national team, but didn’t Ben Yedder get called up?

Was going to the Alaves game but the electric storm put me off.

Sarabia at left back in place of Escuderao, no Arana.

Thanks. Krycho isn’t going to make the WC due to injury.

2 Likes

Goal WBY!!! Assist by the RWer Mudo

1 Like

Sandro most diappointing player of the first half 1-0

And Vazquez second most diappointing

Adiaos

Sandro was poor. I thought Vazquez was decent today. Sarabia was pretty good at LB. Mesa was awesome as was WBY. Lara looked good in his short stint.

Not bad after all, 7th place lol.

See you next season folks! Our first official match will kick off in 2 months (26th of July).

Any confirmation on this? Last I read was that 3 Polish players were dropped but not Krycho.

Poland’s 35-man preliminary squad:
Bartosz Bialkowski,
Lukasz Fabianski,
Lukasz Skorupski,
Wojciech Szczesny;
Jan Bednarek,
Bartosz Bereszynski,
Thiago Cionek,
Kamil Glik,
Artur Jedrzejczyk,
Marcin Kaminski,
Tomasz Kedziora,
Michal Pazdan,
Lukasz Piszczek;
Jakub Blaszczykowski,
Pawel Dawidowicz,
Przemyslaw Frankowski,
Jacek Goralski,
Maciej Rybus,
Sebastian Szymanski,
Piotr Zielinski,
Szymon Zurkowski;
Dawid Kownacki,
Robert Lewandowski,
Arkadiusz Milik,
Krzysztof Piatek,
Lukasz Teodorczyk,
Kamil Wilczek

1 Like

I guess we have to change the International champions cup games Benfica on July 20th and Chelsea on 28th of July, becauses clearly the Uefa cup pre-qualifiers will take precedence but they’re still cited, I haven’t heard anything about their cancellation. Maybe we’ve withdrawn altogether.

The supercopa de españa has been postponed (was 5th August) while they can configure the calender.

And what about players returning late from the world cup, could/should they be brought in to play the pre-qualifiers?

Who is going to win the World Cup anyway? My money is on Spain.

Spain or Argentina

1 Like

I thought France :fr: before I saw their selection. I think Germany :de: might take the back to back. I think the Spanish :es: defense is too weak.

1 Like

Ha ha, we’ll see how weak the Spanish defence are, no Iker Casillas this time. Germany have a slightly tough group but should go through, England have an easy group but they’ll probably mess up. Argentina and Croatia should go through but Nigeria have a recent history of upsetting the odds. Brazil also have a difficult group but should overcome Serbia, Costa Rica and the Swiss.

The club just struck a deal with Nike for the 2018-2021 period (kits, equipment, other requisites etc.)

Finally, a big brand manufacturing our kits!

I’m hoping that Nike will sell Sevilla stuff in the US. New Balance only sold the first and second kits.

Also, I was asked to join a London sports talk show today to talk about Emery. I couldn’t make it unfortunately. That would have been cool.