2019-2020 Copa del Rey Thread

Turned into micky mouse cup now. If Barca wins tonight they’ll get it easily.

Final 4

Athletic club
Real Sociedad
Granada
Mirandes

Great opportunity for someone to win the cup this year. I feel its a big opportunity lost in our part

2 Likes

Chances of Bilbao and Sociedad being kept apart in the Semis? :wink:

1 Like

The last few games have shown that without Suarez feeding Messi, Barca are looking almost quite ordinary.

What a great chance now for Mirandes to reach the final.

2 Likes

Wow shocks galore. It’s good to see. Credit to mirandes for backing up their win over us. Feels like a wasted opportunity by us now. Nice to see Barca and Real get beat though.

To be fair @Mark_L they had already beaten Celta and Atlético before us.

Athletic Bilbao vs Granada

Real Sociedad vs Mirandés

I also thought they’ve eliminated Atletico, but Atletico had it worse - got out by Cultural Leonesa.

So technically we still remain the best side Mirandes eliminated so far in CDR this season.

2 Likes

Oh man this could be good. Hoping for a Granada Mirandes final!

2 Likes

I reckon it will be Bilbao v Sociedad but I think that will be a really strong, competitive final. And it is being played in our fair city so… :tipping_hand_man:t2::tangerine:

2 Likes

Forgot the final was in Sevilla. And for the next 3 years as well. In that case, as much as i admire Athletic, i’d want Granada to win the whole thing.

1 Like

Really? Didn’t know that, wow… cool!

1 Like

Not every year Barca and Real get knocked out in the semis so we had a decent shout but Mirandes are on fire so kudos to them. Would still this is a missed chance with Lope the culprit.

The good news is the next 3 finals are also being held in RSP, so we should really try to win at least one of them or RSP would have held more CDR celebrations than Sevilla actually winning the damn thing.

I also thought RSP at first but turns out it’s in La Cartuja… pfft!

Wait what? Well at least it’s better than Benito Villamarin. Would still mean something if the club won it in Seville.

1 Like

Yes La Cartuja has been given a new lease of life, 4 years (for now!) of CdR finals, and a facelift.

Someone in La Junta de Andalucía must have good contacts with the central government to earn a back handed deal to finance the renovation of the stadium. It was closed in 2018 because the roof was in a dangerous condition and they could not afford the repairs.