2019-2020 Copa del Rey Thread

Banega is definitely already gone. Better find a replacement before the January window ends and rot him in the bench. Totally unmotivated, it’s painfully very obvious.

Holy shit. Never seen that from a manager I don’t think. Munir off, Banega off, Kounde off

He’s just correcting the stupid mistakes, but could be already too late. En Nesiry and Jordan should have started.

1 Like

and a PK to Mirandes. I didn’t think there was VAR until the next round.

OOOOO Big V with the save!

Humiliation!

2 Likes

Embarrassing! :confused:

2 Likes

They should walk home instead of taking a plane.

3 Likes

Nolito makes it a bit less embarrassing!

Not really haha

1 Like

Gotta tip my hat off to Óliver who ran his socks off today. Really tried to get things going, but not much from anyone else. We also wasted a decent performance from Vaclík. At least it’s comforting to see he can pull off some good saves.

We better see an unforgiving side on Sunday vs Alaves. This showing today was ridiculous for a team looking to challenge the elite in Spain. This is what y’all come up with?? Pitiful.

3 Likes

No complaints about the result from me. We were completely outplayed tonight, mirandes were really up for it from the start, It could have been even more embarrassing. Only Vaclik and Torres deserve paying after that performance.

2 Likes

We can focus on the league more now though on plus side. Try to secure our top 4 or even top 3 position. It’s still disappointing though as it was an opportunity to get into quarters and challenge for cup. The team just never showed up but credit to mirandes for playing great, fighting well and causing the upset.

There has been a few upsets this Copa del Rey. Ah well back to the bread and butter of league on Sunday! If we win against alaves will be a great way to put this awful embarrassing defeat behind us.

Banega was awful tonight. After the news that he’s going at end of season. If I was Lopetegui I’d drop him out the side. We look so much more free flowing against Granada without him and maybe now he’s mentally not with us. Up to lope but he needs to make it.

1 Like

Wasteful in front of net too. Banega and Munir both missing huge chances that could have changed the match. Mirandes played well and wanted it. The home fans will show their displeasure on Sunday and hopefully the team responds. Banega needs to back up his message.

1 Like

Lopetegui shows his pedigree again, losing the ones no one expected us to lose to, and this time with a full team. His selections remain questionable, Torres and Banega is a like Mudo and Banega and he still gives it a go, pathetic really.

I know it’s Banega’s first game after his announcement to leave but this is borderline unacceptable, not sure if he should be benched for the next game as Jordan and Oliver cannot provide what he does yet; this makes every game a juggling act of selection and tactics, which I have limited faith in Lopetegui, probably need a replacement for him as well.

Today’s football is dynamic more than ever. Speed and a strong mentality is the key for success. Young players with a will to fight is what we needed, yet we still keep old players who lost their focus and their hunger to triump. What we needed to try is to attach younger player into squad and mix them with stars like Ocampos. We needed to try what Arsenal and Chelsea is doing in Premier League.

Banega, Gudejl and Nolito are already retired mentally. Navas is getting to error-prone when defending. De Jong is slow. El mudo slow as well. Fernando is also old and injury prone.

1 Like

Last team i’d try to emulate is Arsenal. We don’t even know if that Arteta situation is gonna work. As for Chelsea, they hoard so many players that even a team of their loanees could make the top half of the Prem. We ain’t got that kinda budget.

I agree with playing youngsters. But the 1st team must be established. Next season we’ll likely see Pozo, and maybe Bryan once this squad builds on its chemistry.

Wow Mirandes on course for another Primera Division scalp.

1 Like

They play an attractive bit of football. Fun to watch.

[quote="ChrisLail,
They play an attractive bit of football. Fun to watch
[/quote]

They certainly do, I enjoyed the game tonight

1 Like